Chapter 60

The next day was yet again another set up day for another big night of the second proper school dance. Yet again Ash and Squid were practicing whilst others did the same jobs as yesterday. No school work again! The students loved this last week of school. Also that night, there would be a prom queen and king. The day flew past and everyone was arriving at school yet again. The boys were wearing the same outfit as well as the girls. Ash and Squid then quickly ran on stage to perform their first song of the night and then they would do a solo each.
"Welcome everyone to the proper school dance, how is everyone tonight?" Ash asked followed by cheers of excitement.
"We can't hear you?" Ash said followed by more cheers, the loudest of course were their friends
"I think they want music Ash, so let's give it to them!" Squid yelled and the music started playing.

Both:
Eh-eh-o eh-o x4

Ash:
I was left to my own devices
Many days fell away with nothing to show

Squid:
And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love
Great clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above

Both:
But if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

Squid:
We were caught up and lost in all of our vices
In your pose as the dust settled around us

Ash:
And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love
Great clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above

Both:
But if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

Eh-eh-o eh-o x4

Ash:
Oh where do we begin?
The rubble or our sins?
Oh oh where do we begin?
The rubble or our sins?

Squid:
And the walls kept tumbling down (oh where do we begin?)
In the city that we love (the rubble or our sins?)
Great clouds roll over the hills (oh where do we begin?)
Bringing darkness from above (the rubble or our sins?)

Both:
But if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

If you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?

Eh-eh-o eh-o x4

They were applauded.
"Thank you but now, keep your ears open for the amazing Ashley Hall!" Squid announced leaving the stage to dance with Nicole.
Ash was going to sing Rip Tide.

The crowd applauded him.
"Thank you all, and for one last performance tonight before the normal music plays, please welcome back to the stage David Spencer" Ash announced as Squid ran back up on stage and Ash went off stage to dance with Izzy.
Squid was going to be singing I Knew You Were Trouble.

When Squid finished the song, he was applauded.
"Thank you, now let's get on with the dancing!" Squid said and then normal music started playing.
After two hours, it was time to find out who was going to be the prom queen and king.
"Ok so, the judges have decided on who are our newest prom queen and king and they are..." The judge started. Everyone was nervous.
"David and Nicole!" The judge announced.
Nicole screamed in excitement. Squid just stood there stunned. This must be his lucky week since last week wasn't. They then grabbed hands and walked up on stage to receive their 'crowns' and then they started dancing to 'Love Story'. They slow danced, Squid just continuously looked into Nicole's eyes and she looked into his. By the end of the song, they finished with a nice kiss. Everyone awed at them. They then went back to normal dancing.
"Hello lovebirds or should I say, your royal highness" Sqaishey laughed
"Sqaishey, shut up" Nicole laughed
"You two deserve it, especially after what happened last time" Martyn stated
"Yeah, it doesn't feel so bad being prom king, I feel like royalty" Squid laughed twirling his crown on his finger.
"Oh no, what monster has our school made now" Dan moaned face palming making Jemma laugh.
Just then Tyson walked up to them looking really happy.
"You'll never guess what" Tyson said
"What?" Amy asked her boyfriend
"I'm now living with Squid and Tom, my mum and dad said I could"
"Yay, that's awesome mate" Tom said hi fiving him
"Oh no, not another biscuit loving, skittle loving, daring, sneaky, troublemaking Spencer in your household" Stampy moaned getting shoved by Squid who laughed.
"Shut up Stampy" Squid laughed.
"Well, come on, let's continue to dance" Netty said and they danced all through the night.