Chapter 19

Ash was in detention doing his art homework which of course was drawing until he heard someone slam the door. Ash turned around to see Squid walking into the principal's office and the next thing he heard was shouting. Squid then walked back out and sat next to Ash and started banging his head on the desk. When Squid had calmed down, Ash talked to him.
"How'd you get into detention?" Ash asked
"Heath, that's how" Squid stated.
"What did he do?" Ash questioned turning his chair towards Squid
"He called Tom a bald loser in science today and I snapped and broke his experiment which was a hover craft and the principal said if anything else happens I will be suspended"
"Gee, you must've done a lot of bad things in the past" Ash guessed.
Squid nodded in response. Squid and Ash continued on their homework until 4:00pm and walked home.

Squid walked into his house miserable. He saw Tom on the couch watching TV and tried to sneak past but Tom saw him and got up off the couch and walked over to Squid.
"Where the hell have you been?" Tom asked
"After school detention" Squid mumbled
"What did you do this time?"
"Heath, he um... never mind, I'll be in my room if you need me" Squid said and walked upstairs.
Tom knew something was up, he knew Ash had detention as well so he would ask Ash the next day.

Squid was in his room listening to music through his earphones until he got a text. It was from Heath, it said 'how was detention loser' Squid had had enough. He walked to his window and jumped out of it. Tom thought Squid was in his room. Squid ran to the park down the road. He needed to be in a place that made him happy and home wasn't one of the things. The park was where him and his brother had played when they were little. Squid sat on the swings and had a flashback to when Tom and him were running around the park playing tag. Then they got older and went to primary school. Squid was then crying and Tom was sitting beside him comforting him. Squid used to get bullied when he was in primary school and then high school happened. Squid turned for the worst. The flashback ended and Squid cried.
"Why did I turn out to be like that?"