Chapter 30

Squid was in his room playing Minecraft on his laptop when suddenly, Tom barged into the room. Squid got such a fright he jumped 10ft in the air.
"What on earth Tom" Squid whispered since he was just getting his voice back.
"Sorry Squid for scaring the hell out of you but you'll never believe what happened today" Tom said excitedly
"Well tell me then"
"Ash is in love"
"Oh is he now, who's the lucky girl?"
"The new girl, Izzy's her name"
"Ok then, once I'm better I'll help him with this relationship"
"Well anyway, you better rest your voice so you don't lose it again" Tom said and left Squid to continue to rest up.
"Yeah you do that, if I lose my voice again, he'll be getting the blame for scaring the living day lights out of me" Squid mumbled to himself.

At Ash's house:
Ash couldn't stop thinking about Izzy, about her beautiful red hair, her sparkling eyes and so much more. Ash was then interrupted by his older brother walking to the lounge room. His name was Nate, Nate Hall. Nate was in university studying psychology. Ash would always go to his brother if he had problems.
"What you thinking of Ashley?" Nate asked
"Oh nothing" Ash lied
"Come on, I can tell your of something or someone, a girl maybe?"
"How'd you know?"
"At uni at the moment I'm told to practice looking for signs of lies with people so I can understand when I get my job how people are actually feeling and try and get the problem out of them"
"That's cool but creepy at the same time, you'll always know when I'm lying, now I won't be able to steal the cookies from the kitchen without getting caught" Ash said then realised he was caught then.
"See, I got you to admit something, it only took one little thing to get it out of you but don't worry, I won't tell mum or dad"
"Good"
"Now who's this girl that's on your mind?"
"Izzy, she's new to our school"
"Oh I see, well hopefully you'll win her over" Nate said and left the room.
His friends didn't know he had a brother because Nate was at uni the night they all came over. He quickly remembered to tell Nate about the competition that himself and Squid won and he quickly followed Nate into the kitchen.