Nikolai's POV

I watched Anna type away on her laptop trying to change all of her classes. I knew this was something she was skeptical about doing but she needed to be educated on her species. I didn't want her shifting in front of people without control because the council would then have to become involved.

I walked over to the stove fixing her plate and my own. I liked her cooking, it was different that what I was used to. I grabbed a bottle of wine and 2 wine glasses then took everything over to the kitchen table where she was sitting and placed it down neatly.

"Anna, Eat, Please." I said after 20 minutes of her plate not being touched.

"Hold on, Mr.Vincent, I'm almost finished." she stated not looking up from the computer screen.

I waited another 10 minutes and she was still extremely invested into her laptop. I was becoming agitated.

"Anna, you've waited so long your that your food is cold."

"I promise I'm Almost finished."

"No, Eat, Now, Anna!" I commanded her in my Alpha tone. She whimpered but stopped typing doing what I asked which is eating her dinner.

"I do not like using my Alpha tone on you, Anna, but you are going to have to obey me. I'm an ancient Lycan and I don't tolerate disobedience."

"Yes sir." she said lowly.

"It's Nick. Not sir, Not Mr,Vincent. I looked at her sternly.

"Yes, Nick."

I sighed. It's hard for me to express myself to her because I feel like I can't push this on her too quickly.

"Anna, I'm just trying to help. I know what's best for someone in your condition. I wouldn't steer you wrong. Now, when you finish we will go to a clearing in the woods and you're going to shift so that you can hunt and get some blood into your system. Okay?"

"Yes, Nick." she said looking everywhere but me.

"Look at me, Anna."

She looked up at me and her eyes were teary and amber colored. Her Lycan was present. Shit! She's only a pup and I've been scolding her like an asshole.

"You're being a meany, Nicky." Her bottom lip trembled and my heart broke. I felt horrible but Anna and Amber didn't know any better so I had to teach them and that meant I had to be stern.

"Moró (baby in Greek), I'm not trying to be mean but you and Anna have to listen. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Nicky." she pouted.

"Alright, Now give me my Anna."

She nodded and her eyes went back to their original coffee color. "Amber is very emotional." Anna mumbled.

"Amber is you Anna. She does the things you won't let yourself do and show the emotions that you won't let yourself show. Amber is also a pup, she doesn't understand, give her time, Moró."

"You said the elixir stunted her growth, how?"

"Well, it's like if a human is on drugs, it stunts their emotional and mental growth and when they detox they begin to grow again, they can think, learn, and mature properly; which is kind of what happened to your Lycan. Now that you're off the Elixir your lycan can mature properly."

"Oh okay."

"Did you talk to your parents?" I asked gathering dishes and placing them in the dishwasher.

"Yes. Apparently my birth parents gave me to them and decided to make my adoptive parents put me on that elixir. They said that my parents wanted me to have a normal human life. My brother told me that we come from a long line of powerful alphas and people wanted our power so to remain hidden we needed to suppress our Lycans." She said twisting her lips in disdain.