Nikolai's POV

I had the power to make Anna sleep when I wanted her to, not that I wanted her to sleep but she was panicking and I needed her to calm down. The bad thing about the power I was just now discovering I had was that I didn't know who to use it. I didn't mean to put Anna to sleep, it just happened and I don't know how to reverse it.

'What have you done?' my lycan growled.

'I don't know.'

'Numb Skull.' he barked.

"Anna, wake up." I cooed. She shifted but her eyes remained closed. Shit! What the hell did I do?

I was on the verge of panicking but panicking wouldn't help my situation. So I decided to keep asking her to awaken.

After about 30 minutes her eyes fluttered open.

"Oh thank the heavens."

"What happened?" she asked rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"I put you to sleep by accident after your panic attack.I apologize. I didn't mean to."

"Apology accepted. How long was I out?"

"About a hour and fifteen."

"Where are we?" She asked looking around the hotel room.

"Paris, France. I've made arrangements for a friend of mine to search for your brother."

"Okay. Nick my mother reached out to me while I was sleeping."

"What did she say?"

"My power could make me or break me, Sarah would find me, she was trapped in an imaginary world, and her only way out is me." I could see the turmoil in Anna's eyes.

"What are you thinking, Anna?"

"What if I can't control my powers? What if Alona and Don have killed my brother? What if I can't set my parents free? What if I'm not as powerful as they claim I am?"

"Everything will work out fine." I pulled her to me and kissed her forehead.

"Can we go to my parents palace?"

"Sure." I stood helping her to her feet. I ushered her out of the room and she followed behind me until I pulled her beside me. "You walk beside me, not behind me. You are my mate, we are equal."

"Yes Nick."

We got into the limousine and made our way to Bleu Palace.

When we arrived Anna was in awe. The palace was almost the same size as mine just a tad smaller. The palace was of course made of stone walls and had an elaborate structure. There was an elite garden in the front of the palace; it held roses, lilacs, lilies, daisies, orchids, and so many more flowers. We walked into the palace and it looked the same as it did 499 years ago. A painting of Edward and Cynnissa hung on the wall in the entrance of the hallway.

"This place is amazing." Anna stated looking at the gold and silver swords and shields that lined the walls along with various family paintings.

"I know. I spent my days wandering these halls when your mother was pregnant with you."

"Why?"

"It was the mating pull but of course I denied it. I didn't believe my mate would be over 400 years younger than I." I looked around and found the staircase that led to the sleeping quarters.

"My father let you around my mom? I thought lycans didn't want other men around their mates."

"He didn't have much of a choice, I was his Alpha. I would place my ear against your mother's belly and listen to your heartbeat. When I would press my hand against her protruding belly you would kick wildly."

"Wow."

"Then you were born and I never left your side until one night I had some council business to attend to and that's the night you and your brother went missing. Your father didn't want me around after that. I think he always knew I was you mate though. Your mother told me that I looked at you with too much love and adoration for you not to be my mate. She said that I looked at you like you were the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. And you were and still are." I opened the door to her old nursery.

"Did you ever look for me?" She asked.

"I looked for you for over a hundred years then your parents went missing and my search for you was compromised because I had to search for them too. My parents told me to let it go, I had royal duties to attend to."

"And you let it go?"

"I had to. I had a palace to run but you're here now and I'm not letting you out of my sight." I pulled her to me making her soft body press against my hard one. Her breath hitched and she looked up at me with those pretty brown eyes. In that moment I knew I was in love with her and I would do anything to protect her. No we hadn't known each other long but she was my mate and everything about her made my heart sing even her shyness.

"Are you going to kiss me?"

"Only if you want me to."

"I do."

I leaned in and placed my lips gently on hers; it was like a fire had been ignited in my body. Every nerve in my being was exploding. She opened her mouth letting out a small moan I took that chance and darted my tongue into her mouth. I groaned at the taste of her, so sweet. A growl ripped through my chest and she jerked back.

"Did I do something wrong?" She asked worry evident in her voice.

"No, you did everything right. My lycan was becoming excited along with something else, if you know what I mean." I looked down at the bulge pressing against my slacks making a tent. She followed my line of vision.

"Oh my. Did I do that?" She blushed and turned away from me.

"Yes, you did." I fixed myself and turned her back to me. "Let's go explore some more, shall we?"

"Okay."

We walked out of the nursery only to run into some angry looking woman.

"Who in the hell-" She stopped mid sentence when her eyes landed on Anna behind me.

"Cynnissa?" she asked

"I'm her daughter, Annalaishia."

"Oh my God!" she covered her mouth with her hands. She stared at Anna in awe. She shook her head getting herself together and snatched Anna into a hug. "I'm your Aunt Sarah (Say- Rah) ."

"Nice to meet you, Miss.Sarah."

"Oh Girl please. Call me Aunt Sarah. No formalities, we're family. And who might this fine man be?" She looked from anna to me.

"I'm Nikolai, her mate."

"Are you Antonio's boy?"

"Yes mam."

"Hm. You turned out to be a fine young man. Yous a lucky girl, Anna." she looked at Anna and smiled.

"Thank you."

"Come. Let's go to the great hall, have tea, and chat." she linked her arm in Annas and walked off as if they were old friends. I stood back and watched them walk.

"You too, Jack and the Beanstalk." Sarah called back at me.

Anna giggled. I shook my head and followed.

I have a feeling that nickname will be stuck with me forever.