Annalaishia's POV

"Why do you think the Mikaelson's have been working against us?" I asked. I mean it just didn't make sense to me. Why would you want to hurt a childhood friend's mate? 

Nikolai sighed and told me everything. 

"That does prove that Finn had sided against us and possibly Freya, but that doesn't mean the rest of  them have. I trust Elijah, Rebecca, and Haley. I think if Finn has sided against us then the rest of them don't know anything about it."

"I agree. Honestly none of them have a reason to. But that doesn't mean they won't or haven't." 

"Including Finn and Freya." I pointed out because I knew he was only talking about Elijah, Rebecca, and Haley. 

"Finn is Freya's favorite brother. If he is working against us then she most likely is too." 

"Maybe we should investigate a little bit more before we count them as our enemies." I reasoned. Freya was my friend or at least I thought she was. What could her and Finn possibly be holding against Nikolai and I? I just didn't understand. 

"By the way, I am upset that you left without telling anyone." Nikolai stated. 

"I'm sorry. I just want to help. I'm not defenseless you know." I shrugged. 

"I know. But I want you safe. You really have no clue what the Mikaelson's, Alona, and Don are capable of." 

"I know. Why don't you like Finn though?" I asked. I was curious, I noticed Nikolai always kept his distance from Finn.

Nikolai sighed and sat up with his back against the headboard of the bed. 

"The picture (Painting)  of my sister that I own, well she's my half sister, her name was Diane (Dee-Ann), she was part Vampire and Demi-God. She and Niklaus used to hang out a lot, eventually they fell in love, but Finn was also in love with Diane, he was smitten with her. She and Finn were friends, best friends, they were both introverted and interested in the same things somewhat. But Niklaus and Diane just worked, they bought out the best in one another. One Night we were all together, Finn and Diane went on a walk and I didn't think much of it at the time because they were friends, he divulged his feelings for her, she told him that she just didn't feel the same. So he threatened her, she came and told me that same night, but she never told me exactly what the threat was. So I confronted him and told him to stay away from her. That night Diane and I slept in the same hut, just in case Finn wanted to follow through on his threat. When I awakened the next morning she was gone and so was Finn. I told Elijah and he said he was sure it was a misunderstanding but even I knew he didn't believe it. Finn came back to camp a night later like he hadn't done anything but I knew he'd taken Diane. So I walked into town and asked some of the townspeople had they seen her and Finn pass through and that Diane was fighting against him but nobody knew where he had taken her and no one ever found her body. I looked for years, I could still feel the Mind-link we shared and her presence but I could never link her or speak to her through the link. I can still feel the link and her presence but I've never been able to find her." 

"Sounds like you guys were close." I whispered. 

"Sometimes. But most of the time we argued. Like normal siblings, I loved her all the same though." He rubbed my back and I kissed his chest. 

"I would love to meet her after I help you find her." 

"After we kill Alona and Don." He retorted. 

"Whatever.  We can search for her and train for Alona and Don at the same time."  I rolled my eyes.

"Hmmmm. Maybe." 

"When are we going back to Paris?" 

"I'm not sure. I was thinking we could spend a few weeks in Italy or Greece." 

"But it's getting close to christmas. we aren't spending it with family?" 

"Anna, they're coming with us." Nick chuckled. 

"oh.." I said feeling dumb. 

"I wouldn't leave family behind, not for the holidays, and not with Alona and Don on the loose." 

"Family man? I like that." I smirked as I sat up and climb onto his lap. His eyes went wide.  I laid my head on his shoulder and he relaxed, wrapping his arms around my small body.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Asshole.." I grumbled. 

"You know you like my assholishness." Nick winked. 

"Whatever. Kiss my black ass." 

"Gladly." he grabbed my waist turning me around and pressing the front of my body to the driver's side door. 

"What are you-" The words died in my throat as he hiked my skirt up and pressed his lips to my right ass cheek. 

He pulled my skirt back down and stood turning me back to face him. He kissed my lips softly and then led me to the passenger's side of the suburban. He helped me in and then walked back over to the driver's side door and got in. 

I was shocked and speechless. This man really just kissed my ass. He KISSED my ASS! I looked at him and stared. 

"Yes, Moro." He stated as he pulled off and onto the highway. 

I blinked and swallowed the lump of spit that had formed in my mouth. 

"Where are we going?" I asked avoiding asking about why he Kissed my Ass.

"I'm not telling you." 

"Why not?" I huffed.

"Because I'm just not." 

I growled and crossed my arms. 

"So now that i've proved that I can handle Don, will you let me go out whenever I please now?" 

"No." 

"But why not?" 

"I've explained this to you several times, Anna. You don't need to be wandering around by yourself."  

"But I've proved I can handle my own." 

"Do you really think thats all Alona and Don have up their sleeves?" He turned and glared at me.   "These people are 900+ years old, they are the rulers of Dark magic, they will not stop until they get what they want or until they're dead. They will not underestimate you next time and you don't need to underestimate them. If you leave without supervision and without mine or Sarah's permission, my God, Anna I will chain you to the bed in magical chains that you will never be able to free yourself of." He growled. 

I stared back at him and my bottom lip wobbled. 'I will not cry, I will not cry.' I chanted in my head. Jesus, I'm such a cry baby. 

"Fuck you!" I sniffled

Nick sighed and gripped the wheel until his knuckles turned white. 

"Anna, I don't want to keep you confined to the house or the palace but those places, Miss.Sarah has enchanted and they are protected from all Dark Magics. That's why I want you inside. But now that i'm not occupied with the Mikaelsons, I can take you out sometimes and I can be there to protect you." 

"I understand." I said softly. I did to an extent but I wanted my freedom. I wanted to be able to come and go as I pleased.