Nikolai's POV

So much for the perfect night. I hadn't thought about Naomi in over 30 years. She and I had a complicated relationship but I did fall in love with her. She was sweet and down to earth, which is why I had promised her the luna position if I didn't find my mate.

What tore us apart was that she had gotten pregnant and aborted the child without consulting me first. I might still care for Naomi but I'm not in love with her, at least I don't think I am.

What if Anna was right? What if our love wasn't real?

I could feel Amber whimpering, Ekon wanted to comfort her but I just wouldn't let it happen. My mind was racing a million miles per minute.

Anna is a lot more sensitive than I expected her to be but I feel like I love her and I've tried to express that to her the best way I can, trying to get her to understand that we are soulmates. I don't want to lose her based off what ifs, I don't want to lose Anna at all.

I rose from the bed and made my way downstairs to the great room. Lorraine was sitting down meditating.

"Why are you up, Nikolai?" She asked without opening her eyes.

"How'd you know it was me?" I sat down beside her.

"Your Alpha Aura come off of you in waves, dear child."

"Lorraine, may I ask you a question?"

"Is is about what Anna said tonight?"

"Yes. Is it true? Are those feelings false?"

"No, the love you two feel for one another is just as real as the love between 2 humans or non mated couples. You even know that some mates don't work out because the love is not there. Being mated doesn't involve a false sense of love. Everything you two feel is real." She said looking dead at me.

"How do I prove that to Anna? I don't want to lose my mate over someone from my past."

"Then stop lying to her and stop lying to yourself."

"I haven't been lying." I denied

"But you have. You haven't let Naomi go. And in order to move forward with your mate, you have to let that girl go."

"She carried my first child. Lorraine, I'll always care for her."

"Nikolai, Anna is your number one priority, not that girl that aborted your child 45 years ago. Had Naomi really loved you, she wouldn't have aborted that pup and she would not be trying to tear you and Anna apart because of someone truly loves you then they just want to see you happy. Annalaishia is pure at heart and soul, she is not tainted by the world. She has the true stature of a Queen, a Luna, a Mother, and a Goddess. Do you know why Anna is hurting?"

"No."

"You put that girl before her tonight. She felt the love you have for that girl. Naomi has to be put in the past."

"She was my first love."

"No, she was your first lust. Anna is your first and last love. You better fix it because if you do not Amber will take it as rejection, her mark will deteriorate, she will loose immortality, and she will die. You will live with the eternal pain of her death, the death you caused." Lorraine stood and walked away.

--------------------------------------------------------

I knocked on the door of the small cottage and a minute later the door swung open to reveal a tired Naomi. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and looked at me then smiled.

"Nick, what are you doing here?"

"I came to speak with you."

"Well come in." She stepped aside and I walked past her into the house. "What did you want to talk about?"