Sneak Peak/ Authors note

I'm working on the next chapter of this book as we speak, having a little writers block though. I'll get it to you guys as soon as possible! Anyways you know how I said I may rewrite old books, currently working on that now and here's your sneak peak!

I just couldn't grasp the concept of why men just kept screwing me over when they knew exactly who I was and what I was capable of. Aaliyah Daniels was the person people feared not screwed over. Niko knew what I went through with Noah and now he'd done it to me too.

Was I not attractive? Was I not a good wife? Was I not a great mother to his children? Including little Trevor who wasn't mine. I stared at him. He had gotten her pregnant.. he had been sleeping with her behind my back. Now I understood the late nights, the distant demeanor towards me, never being around to watch the kids when I had a photo shoot or an out of state game.

"Why?" Was all I could ask... my heart was shattered. I loved Niko with every fiber of my being and he cheated on me.

"I don't know."

I looked up at him and a lone tear ran down my cheek. I grabbed the keys to my Aston and left. The worst thing about it is that he didn't chase after me.

I drove to the only place I could, the person who I had become good friends with after we buried the Hatchet, Noah. I knocked on his door and he opened it.

"Why are you visiting so late, Liyah? Where are the rest of your clothes, it's freezing outside?"

I walked into the house and rummaged through his liquor cabinets. Hennessy. Hennessy. Hennessy.

I spotted the bottle and pulled it out of the cabinet, instead of getting a glass I drunk straight from the bottle.

Noah watch as I downed most of the bottle then snatched it from me. He knew I didn't care to drink strong liquor unless something was wrong.

"He cheated on me with her and now she's pregnant, 1 month pregnant. They've been messing around for months." A sob ripped through me and I fell to my knees. I was hurting. My heart was hurting.