Annalaishia's POV

I watched as Nikolai left and i began to grow angry. He was always with the Mikaelsons, helping fight their battles, while I sat here in the palace doing nothing. The only time I ever get to see Nikolai is at night when he comes home, never during the day and never in the mornings. I was getting sick and tired of having the Mikaelsons around. I walked over to my Aunt Sarah and gave her a hug.

"Thank you Aunt Sarah. This means a lot. But do you know where Nikolai is going?" I asked. I was curious, maybe a little to curious for my own good, but they always kept me out of the action, which isn't fair.

"I have not the slightest clue, dear."

"Okay."

The rest of the evening went smoothly, the party was marvelous, and I enjoyed myself. I walked up to my bedroom and stripped out of my clothing so that I could take a could shower, I was really starting to feel the burn of being in heat right about now, and it's worse that Nikolai is no where near.

I cut the shower on and got in. I sat in the corner and whimpered because the water was doing me no good. I needed Nick, my body craved him. The only person that would be able to locate him is Aunt Sarah.

I hopped out of the shower, grabbed the silk lavender robe, and slipped it on. I slipped on a pair of house shoes and ran through the hallways looking for her. Then I found her in the Exercise room talking to Nikolai. I froze in my spot. His hair was tousled, he looked frustrated, angry, and troubled.

I'm sure he sensed me because his eyes met mine. He smiled at me then said his last few words to my Aunt and made his way into the house and over to me.

"Hello, pup."

"Where have you been?"

"Lyon." he walked past me up the steps and I followed.

"For what?"

"Klaus went missing."

I rolled my eyes of course he'd be the one missing.

"Whatever." I marched back into the bathroom that was connected to Nick and I's bedroom. I was really bitchy these few days I've been in heat. I've been extremely disrespectful to everyone, including servants. I sighed and walked back into the room where I had left him.

"I'm sorry. I'm just a little stressed."

"I know, we all are, Anna. Come on, let's get you some ice so you can take an ice bath and cool down."

He was always thinking about me and that filled my heart with joy. But he was always saving and helping me, I never got to save or help Nikolai.

"Nick."

"Yes."

"Why don't you ever let me help you when you go help the Mikaelsons?" I looked up at him and he clenched his jaw.

"The Mikaelson's are a troubled bunch and you aren't the safe around them. They have too many enemies and I don't trust them."

"Then why did you let me become friends with Rebecca, Freya, and Haley?"

"Because they're the level headed ones for the most part, including Elijah. But if it came down choosing you or another Mikaelson, they'll always choose their blood."

"Why wouldn't they choose their own though?"

"If you're siblings kept you daggered in a box for centuries would you want to help them?"

"No, i guess not." I sighed. "Is that why Rebecca wasn't here tonight?"

"Yes."

"Who daggered her?"