Nikolai's POV

"What made you get over your fear of Alona and Don yesterday back at the cafe?" I asked Anna. We were in the great room watching a few christmas movies.

"I hated the fact that they knew I was afraid and plus I knew you wouldn't let anything happen to me. Something in me snapped. February I don't wanna just be ready for battle, I wanna be ready for war. I needed to let them know that people change and I have changed."

"We will do so. You fight, I fight." I kissed her hand and she blushed. Her heat was subsiding and she was much more calm now that she wasn't burning with lust.

We were switching out movies when Eric, Denzel and Elena's son came running down the stairs.

"Uncle Nick, Aunt Anna!" He rushed out clearly outta breath from running.

"Yes, Little Eric." I replied.

"Mommy and daddy are fihN gan."

Anna and I rushed upstairs to the couples bedroom and before turning the doorknob we stuck our ears to the door and listened for any signs of yelling and there were none. Just moaning and groaning.

"Oh Denzel!" Elena cried out in ecstasy. We jumped back from the door in shock.

"Oh my lord." Anna turned away and picked up little Eric taking him back downstairs with me in tow.

Anna was blushing and I'm sure I was too. It was really awkward.

"You no stop em from fihN?" Eric asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Uh No, honey. You parents will stop what they're doing when they're ready."

I chuckled. Anna was extremely flustered and I'm sure I sensed some arousal coming off of her but I let it alone.

"Come on, lets go watch The Grinch." I said ushering them into the Great room.

After watching The Grinch and A Miser Brothers' Christmas, Anna took Eric upstairs to his room. I walked into the kitchen for a glass a water.

"You need to mate her." A voice whispered. I turned my head looking in the direction it came from and then a woman in White with long dark brown hair, a pale face, and hazel eyes like mine appeared.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Your blood mother." She sat at the bar waiting for my reaction. I stared at her blankly before I began to laugh.

"You are joking, right?"

She looked at me with the same blank stare I had given her moments ago and the longer I looked at her the more I realized how much she and I looked alike. Not only that but my surrogate mother looked like her too.

"Holy fuck."

"Language, young man." she scolded. She even scolded like my mother did.

"How do I know you're real and not just Alona and Don playing with my mind."

"Alona and Don wouldn't tell you to mate with Anna. They need her dead remember not immortal."

She had a point.

"Our powers are too raw and unpredictable for us to mate right now."

"No they're not. If anything mating will only cause light magic. No harm will come from the magic that comes from your love making."

"But she's not ready."

"She will be soon. I know these things, Nikolai. If you don't mate Anna before Alona and Don attack or you attack them, Anna will be lost to you forever."