Nikolai's POV

I could sense something was off. There was this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I took my cellphone out of my pocket and dialed Anna's number. It ringed and ringed but I got no answer, so I called Miss.Sarah. 

"Hello."

"Hey, Miss.Sarah. Is Anna alright? She's not picking up her phone." 

"I'll go check on her. She's been in her room-" Miss.Sarah stopped mid sentence. "Oh Lord." 

"What's wrong?" I asked as my heart began to sink deeper and deeper into my stomach with each moment of passing silence. 

"She's not here. "

"What do you mean? Where is she? Where would she have gone?" I growled. 

"One of the Suburbans is missing but the keys are still here hanging in the garage. She had to sneak out early." 

"Okay." I sighed calming myself down so I wouldn't lash out. "Just stay there in case she comes back. I'm going to track down my suburban." 

We said our goodbyes and hung up. 

"Trouble in Paradise." Finn walked up to me and asked. I could see through his false concern. Even if Anna had left home on her own I knew she had her phone and something had to be wrong if she wasn't picking up. 

"If you have anything to do with Anna no being able to pick up her phone, I will kill you. So you understand me?" 

"Trust me, what happens to your mutt is none of my concern." he spat. 

I grabbed him by his neck and bashed his head into the brick wall. 

"Watch your fucking mouth, you ingrate. You think I don't know about you. I know everything about you Finn, I even know you're the reason my sister went missing 785 years ago. You are the true Abomination of the Mikaelson family." This was why I was always on guard when it came to this family, they were full of shit. My fangs elongated, my fingernails grew into claws as Ekon came forward. 

"What's going on? Nikolai, what are you doing? Let go of my brother." Freya swooped in coming to his rescue. 

"He thinks I have something to do with Anna not answering her phone." Finn choked out and smirked. My hand tightened around his throat and my claws dug into his flesh. 

"Newflash, Nikolai, but not everyone is after your precious mate." 

"What do you know, dear, Freya? You've only been around them for 2 years, I've known them for over a 1,000 years. I assure you Finn is not the beloved brother you think him to be. When he turns his back on you don't come crying about it. You Mikaelsons will lead to your own downfall." 

"And we will lead Anna to her's." Finn mumbled as if I couldn't hear him. I bashed his head into the brick wall and Freya threw me with her magic. 

I levitated a few spikes with my mind and sent them flying toward the pair. I stopped them a millimeter away from their hearts.

"Come near her or my family again and I will put an end to you both. Don't make an enemy of me, you'll regret it." I swung my hand to the right making the spikes pierce above any vital arteries in their chest.

"And thats a promise." I stood and stormed off, looking for my mate. The tracker led me to the french quarter. I watched as she fought off Don like a warrior. I smiled knowing that the training was truly helping her. I thought back to what Finn did to my sister all those years ago. 

She was part vampire, thanks to Niklaus. I knew she was still alive somewhere. 

Anna stepped out of the vehicle and spotted me. 

"How'd you find me?" She asked surprised. 

"I tracked my SUV. Impressive, pup. I proud of you." I took large strides over to where she was standing and looked down at Don's unconscious body.

"I'm glad I can stand up for myself. This small victory gives me hope for when we actually go to war with them." 

"The war won't be as easy because now they know not to underestimate you. Come, let's go home." I pulled her over to my other Suburban and she tugged at my hand. 

"Wait, What about the Mikaelsons? What about Don?"

"The Mikaelson's are no longer my problem. And Alona will come looking for him soon, so we leave him." 

"Great, they shouldn't have been your problem to begin with. I'm assuming they won't be fighting with us anymore?"

"I think they've been working against us all along." I sighed pulling her soft body to mine.  "I'm glad you're safe, pup. I love you. Now we can focus on us." I smiled down at her and kissed her lips.

"Let's go home." She said. 

"Lets."