8. Kissing Act

*Avery's POV*

"Your morning coffee." Dylan chuckled.

I took the frappuccino from him and licked some of the cream from the top. "Have I ever told you I love you?"

"Many times, but I love hearing it."

"You're the best." I took a sip and opened up my locker.

"I know." He smiled. "And I need to see your English homework. I was a little preoccupied last night." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Nick?" I asked as I took it out of my folder and handed it to him.

"You know it."

"When am I gonna meet him anyway? I feel like I should get to know the person that keeps taking my friend from me." I chuckled.

"Soon you will, I promise."

I could see Luke coming up the hall and I needed to get rid of Dylan, quick. I'm sure Luke will have no filter and just tell everything's that's going on and I don't want Dylan to know right now.

"Okay, well, I'll see you later." I rushed.

"Alright." He nodded. "And I'll give you your work back at the start of second period."

"Okay." I smiled.

He walked down the hall and I sighed when Luke approached me. He looked a little disappointed.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"I'm not really in the mood today, Avery." He grumbled.

I held my hands up in defense. "I just asked a question."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Let's just get this over with."

Well someone's being a bigger dick than usual.

I took his hand and we walked down the hall. Holding hands wasn't a big deal, but I caught a few people, mainly girls, staring and it made me uncomfortable.

"Why do they keep looking at us?" I asked him.

"Because you're with me. I'm not one to have girlfriends, Brooke was my first real one, so I'm sure it's surprising to them for you to be seen with me. Plus, a few of them I've hooked up with in the past." He said.

"Well I don't like it." I mumbled.

"That's too bad. You're gonna have to learn to live with it for the time being."

I rolled my eyes. "Hard to tell you're in a mood, you haven't lost that jerk-like personality."

"I'll stop acting like a jerk when you stop being a bitch." He said.

"I haven't said anything offensive to you yet. You're the one that came at me when all I did was ask a question." We arrived at my class and stood off to the side of the door. "What I'm not gonna do is put up with your attitude today. Either say what's on your mind or don't let it show." I could see Ashton and Brooke on the other side of the hall, but I didn't care all that much. I just wanted him to stop his baby crap.

"I'll see you after class." He mumbled and left me standing there.

I walked in and took my seat. What the hell was all that about? He's rude and snappy one minute and then mopey the next. I don't really care about what's bothering him, it's just his mood is annoying. I can only assume it's something about Ashton and Brooke but I can't imagine what it could be. He already knows they're together so what else is there to be upset about? I don't know and I don't even want to think about it. I just want him to stop giving me a hard time.