50. Runaways

*AN: I'm so so sorry for not updating for so long but I had writers block and I went on vacation (twice) and really didn't have time to write.

I wanted this chapter to be perfect and I see some of you really like this story and I hate I wasn't able to have it up sooner. But here it is now so I hope you enjoy.

~Cam

*Avery's POV*

A while ago, I was pretty convinced that I had cherophobia because I didn't deserve to be. But could you really blame me? Anything that made me happy was taken away from me, like my mum. I thought I didn't deserve to be happy so I avoided people or situations that would cause some sense of joy in me in fear that they'd be taken away.

But now I've learned to embrace it. Sure, there are times that aren't the best but it's all about the times that make life worthwhile. Like being with Luke, I couldn't be happier. I can't even describe what I'm feeling right now. I'm lying next to the love of my life after a magical night together.

I thought I needed someone to be the sun to lighten up my life. And I thought Ashton was my sun because I saw him as this ball of sunshine. But it didn't work out because we didn't connect and he didn't know all of me. He only saw the Avery I allowed everyone to see, not the dark Avery that sat in a corner crying and wondering why she was even given the opportunity to live.

Things are so much different with Luke. We can talk for hours and never get bored. We know what the other is thinking, their likes and dislikes, and secrets that haven't been revealed to anyone else. He knows more about my dark life than anyone else because I love and trust him with any and everything.

Like I said before, I thought I needed someone to be the sun to lighten up my life. But really, I needed someone to be the moon to brighten up my darkest hour and Luke is my moon.

Things are good for me right now and as long as I'm with him, I know it'll continue to stay that way.

It was a little after eight in the morning when I woke up. I tend to sleep in but I loved watching him sleep. His mouth would be open slightly and cute little snores would escape. He looked so calm while he slept and I could've laid here and watched him for hours.

But unfortunately, the sound of a door opening ruined that possibility.

I sat up, bringing the covers up with me to cover myself as I listened harder, making sure I actually heard what I heard and it wasn't in my head. Sure enough, I heard the door slam shut and I knew my father would be upstairs any minute and I don't think he'd like to see my boyfriend sleeping naked in my bed.

"Luke!" I whispered loudly, shaking him. "Luke!" He only stirred slightly and I groaned, taking my pillow and hitting him in the face. "Get your ass up!"

"What?" He yawned, his eyes remaining closed.

"My dad is home and you need to leave." I rushed, leaning over the side of my bed to pick up my bra and put it on.

His eyes shot open and he sat up. "Are you fucking serious?"

"Is this something I'd joke about?" I asked, pulling my underwear up my legs.

He scrambled out of bed, grabbing his boxers and I heard my dad's footsteps getting louder. He must've been pretty hung over because it sounded like his feet were dragging and that was a pretty good sign.

"You don't have time to get dressed." I whispered as I went around to quickly gather his clothes and shoes.

"You want me to go outside like this?" He asked, raising his arms to show he's only wearing boxers.