22. Forgive and Forget

*Avery's POV*

I left Luke's house crying and hurt. I can't believe he did that, I thought he was better than that. This was our first fight since becoming friends and it was scary. He was yelling at me and I was yelling back. I did say something that was super bitchy but I had no control over my words, they just came out.

But he still had no right to grab me like that. He should've held his composure. And we wouldn't have gotten in the fight if he wasn't being so nosey in the first place. I told him I didn't want to talk about my life and he should've left it at that.

It's not that I didn't trust him, although I'm not sure how much I trust him now, but it's hard to talk about all the shit I go through 'cause it's too painful to talk about. I haven't even told Dylan and he's my best friend.

I don't know what this means for us now. There's still the plan but I don't think I can stand being around him. My feelings for him haven't changed and I don't think they will. I know he's not the violent type but him grabbing me still hurt.

It took a while but I eventually made it home. I wasn't thinking about what my dad would say if I came home later without a heads up but luckily for me, I found a note on the counter saying he'll be gone for the next few days. I don't recall him mentioning a trip but I didn't question it. The farther away from me he is the better.

I was so worn out from yelling, crying, and that long walk that I went up to my room and laid in my bed. I took my phone out of my back pocket and turned it on to see text after text from Luke.

Luke: I'm so sorry, Avery.

Luke: I swear I didn't mean to do that, I don't know what came over me.

Luke: I'd never do something like that to you.

Luke: I don't want to let this ruin our friendship.

Luke: Please answer me so I know you're okay.

I rolled my eyes and shut off my phone. I didn't feel like talking to him right then. What I need now is a bit of time to think it all over and decide whether I want to forgive him or not and where we go from there.

It wasn't that late at all but I was really worn out. I was truly grateful that my dad wasn't here because I don't think I could take any of his harsh words right now. The only thing I could do to relieve some of my stress was sleep and I did just that.

-

I was extremely groggy when I woke up the next morning. I was still in all of my clothes and my shoes were even on. I felt around on my bed for my phone and I saw it was close to eleven o'clock.

I got up and went to the bathroom to shower. Once I had freshened up, I put on some clothes to lounge around in and went downstairs to check the mail before breakfast. I came back and noticed a note on the door. I pulled it from under the door knocker and headed to the kitchen before reading it.

Avery,

I waited outside for about ten minutes and you never came out. I rang the doorbell and knocked many times but either you were still sleeping or you were ignoring me. I hope you're okay and we really need to talk.

Luke

I crumbled up the note and threw it away. I don't want to talk to him right now, I'm still highly upset. What is talking gonna do anyway? It could turn into another argument. He might try to put it on me and say if I had just opened up in the first place we wouldn't be in this mess. Or that I shouldn't have said the shit I did about Brooke. I will admit it was wrong of me but my inner thoughts kind of just slipped out. But it's not like it's not true. She's an all around good person but you're pretty bad if you date your ex-boyfriend's best friend. That's just super petty and spiteful.