49. Netflix and Chill

*Luke's POV*

It was some time after five in the morning when I took Avery home. I would've much rather have spent the night with her but I didn't want to run the risk of her dad catching me and giving her hell. I parked down the street a little and walked her to the base of the tree outside of her window.

"I had the most fun tonight that I've had it a while." She smiled. "Thank you for such an amazing time."

"Anything for you, baby." I replied, wrapping my arms around her waist and she put hers around my neck. "I'll see you later, I'm kind of tired." I chuckled.

She nodded. "Okay. I love you."

"I love you, too." I leaned down to kiss her and I pulled her as close to me as I could.

When we parted, I helped her get started on the tree and watched her until she got to her window, climbing inside and leaning out to wave me goodbye. I smiled and waved back, walking to my car when she closed her window.

When I got inside and began to drive off, our conversation from earlier in the night came back to the forefront of my mind.

I meant every word I said to her about running off with her. I'd leave my family before I ever lose her and as messed up as that sounds, that's how I really feel. I know I only get one family and I could always find another girlfriend but I'll never be able to find anyone like her. If she ran off without me and I never saw her again, I'd probably fall back into my old ways because I won't be able to have a love as special as the love we have. She's the one for me, I can feel it. If she left...I don't know what I'd do 'cause I'd be missing the other half of me.

I like how she tried to provide excuses as to why I couldn't go with her. It shows how much she truly cares about me and my happiness and that makes me love her even more.

But the good thing is she's not really thinking about that now so I can have my family and my girlfriend all in one place.

When I got home, I entered my house as quietly as I could and crept upstairs to my room, closing the door and turning on the light. I changed out of my damp trunks and laid them across a chair to dry before putting on a pair of boxers, turning off the light, and slipping into bed.

-

After waking up late in the afternoon, I decided to go over to Mike's house and hang out with him and Cal. Ashton and I still aren't talking and I don't know if they're talking to him or not but they hated what he did almost as much as I did.

"I think we deserve some sort of credit for your newfound happiness." Cal said as he was chewing his slice of pizza.

"Credit for what?" I asked.

"For setting you and Avery up, duh." Mike chimed in. "Don't act like we didn't have anything to do with it."

"You guys didn't set us up. You had nothing to do with us getting together at all." I laughed.

"We told you to grow some balls and tell her how you felt. We motivated you." Cal nodded.

I rolled my eyes. "Well to repay you both, how about I set you guys up with someone so you can stay out of my love life? You're obviously lonely since you're both acting like love doctors." I chuckled, my comment making Michael hit me in the face with a pillow.

"Hey!"

"Shut up, Hemmings. Don't think you're all special 'cause you're in a relationship." He laughed, hitting me again.

"So what's it like, being in love?" Cal asked.

"Well..." I knew how Avery made me feel, I just couldn't put it into words. "It's amazing, really. You're overwhelmed with all of these different emotions that may be a little scary but that's what makes it exciting. You'll know when you find the right one 'cause then you'll feel all of these things and more."