33. Cookies

I opened my eyes because of the amount of light shining through my eyelids and yawned. I looked down at the beautiful girl laying on me and smiled.

I've been waiting so long for this. Not just for the sex, although I was getting tired of using my hand, but to be able to wake up with her pressed up against me. I loved her cute, soft snores, the way she'd smile in her sleep or when her vanilla scented hair was in my face. How could I have ever thought I loved watching Avery sleep when Brooke is a total angel?

Now that I'm with Brooke, I can't think about Avery the way I used to. I can't think about her little quirks or how much I thought I loved her. It probably wasn't even her I loved but the attention she gave me. Sure we had some good times together, but we were merely friends at the time and we aren't anymore. It's time for me to move on and forget about her, the sooner the better.

"Good morning." Brooke smiled up at me. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice her wake up.

"Good morning, baby." I kissed the top of her head.

"I've missed waking up next to you." She laughed that beautiful laugh of hers while she traced various shapes on my bare chest with her finger.

"Same here, babe." I chuckled. "And there'll be much more of this."

"I hope so." She giggled.

We laid in a comfortable silence for a while before she spoke up.

"Luke? Do you remember when you told me that you knew I still had feelings for you, even if I couldn't admit it to myself?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked, sitting up and bringing her with me so we were both a bit more comfortable.

"Well...I wanted you to know how I felt when we were together the first time and those feelings never changed."

"And what's that?"

"I love you." She looked up at me again. "And I hope you say something soon so I don't look like a complete idiot."

She had much more courage than I do. When I fell in love with Avery I didn't have the guts to tell her 'cause I was too scared.

Shut up, you idiot, it's time to forget about her. She never cared for you anyways.

"I love you too, Brooke." I smiled.

"Really?" She beamed.

"Really."

She leaned up, pressing her lips against mine and I lifted her up so that her full body was hovering over me.

"You and me forever?" She smirked, raising an eyebrow.

"You and me." I smiled, reconnecting our lips.

-

"I think everyone's gone." I said as I peered through my partially open door. Even though I was happy I was with Brooke again, I'm sure the rest of my family wouldn't be. They liked Avery a lot and made it very obvious before that they didn't like Brooke.

We left my room and quickly went downstairs. I grabbed my keys off the coffee table and thought we were home free until my amazing older brother, Jack, came out of the kitchen.

"'Sup Luke and- Brooke?" He made no effort in hiding his surprise.

"Hey, Jack." She waved nervously.

"I'm glad everyone's had a chance to catch up but we should really get going." I rushed and moved her towards the door.

"You're not getting away that easily." He said.