12. Fight

I woke up the next day with great pain in my lower abdomen. I wanted to curl up in a ball and let it pass when I felt something damp under me.

You've got to be kidding me. I mumbled to myself as I got out of my bed to reveal a dark stain where I was just laying.

I stripped the sheets off my bed and let them be a pile on the floor as I went to the bathroom to clean myself up. Once I was clean abs changed, I went back to my room to collect my sheets and put them in the washing machine. I grabbed a new set of linens out of the closet and, after spraying down my bed with Lysol, made up my bed with the new sheets. I laid back down and curled into a ball to limit the pain.

Considering my current situation, for some reason I couldn't help but laugh. My period coming to me in the night like it did explains why I felt like that during the date. Of course I could never feel anything for Luke, it was just my hormones being out of wack. As far as me liking the kiss just a little, it's like I said before, it's been a while since I've kissed anyone. If someone else has gone as long as I have without kissing anyone, they would've felt the same way.

After laying there for about an hour, I decided to get something to eat so I was able to take medicine to take this God awful pain away.

I went down to the kitchen to fix myself a small bowl of granola and yogurt. As I ate, I made my dad a more proper meal before he came around to yell at me for not doing it. He came down just as I was finishing up.

"Morning." I said as I handed him his plate. No matter how much of a dick he is, I try to be the better person and act like there's some sort of normalcy around here.

He doesn't reply and just takes his food and goes to sit. I head back up to my room to take the pain reliever and try to get some work done.

*Luke's POV*

"I thought we'd never finish this." I chuckled. The guys and I were at my house finishing up on the song we were working on at Ashton's not so long ago.

"Well I'm glad we did, 'cause I don't have to listen to your nagging anymore." Mike said.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"We've been here for two hours and you have yet to feed me." He said.

"You know where the kitchen is." I waved him off and he threw a pillow at me before leaving.

"So, any plans with Avery today?" Calum asked.

"Oh, uh, well no. She likes to do work on Saturday's so I don't know if she'd have the time." I lied.

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind, with the way you two were last night, I can tell there's some real chemistry." He said.

"Yeah, well, she's special." I smiled.

"It's almost like you like her more than you did Brooke."

"I don't know if I'd go that far. I mean, it's just that I knew Brooke longer. Don't get me wrong, Avery is amazing, I've just got to spend more time getting to know her." I said.

"That sounds like something you should've done before asking her out." Ashton said, not looking up from his phone.

I glared at him and took a deep breath to make sure I didn't sound angry before I spoke.

"How long did you spend getting to know Brooke before asking her out, huh?" I asked. "Do you even know her favorite color?"

"Violet." He said.

"Okay, what about her favorite food?"

"Tacos."

"Favorite activity?"