37. Secrets (part 2)

An: this chapter has been extended into 3 parts. Explanation at the bottom. Kate beckensale has been cast as Dahlia. Angelina Jolie as Anita. Penelope Cruz will play Luna Penelope and Sofia Vergara (my other girl crush) will play Nyra (read the chapter to find out who Nyra is).

Xoxo
Chilee

_______________________________________

☆°¤♡*Nova*♡¤°☆

A thick haze of dread washed over me as I sat on the soft down comforter in my room, staring blankly at the turquoise wall.

The rain was picking up outside, pounding down with so much force as the storm progressed.. wind blew fiercely, howling as limbs from the tree outside my window scraped and scratched along the glass.. dark clouds hanging overhead. No lights on in my bedroom, the only light being from my open curtains, allowing the greyness from the stormy day to brighten my room only slightly.. not far from being pitch black 

It was as if i knew something bad was going to happen.. this dread in my bones cutting me deep.. making me feel on edge.

I jolted out of a trance as a flash of lightning lit the sky followed by a roll of thunder.. the storm coming through with vigor. It had been raining since last night, never letting up, only now, it had progressed to a full thunder storm.

I rose from my bed and went to my closet, slipping off my heels and changing into a pair of knee length brown rubber rain boots. The rain had flooded the land a bit, making it impossible to not get my feet wet on my walk to the packhouse. It was times like these I wish I hadn't wrecked our golf cart in early spring.

i made my way downstairs. It was already about 1:00... i had just been sitting in my room... thinking.. planning my move if things didnt work out in my favor.

I figured out where i would take Deacon if anything went wrong.

By that i mean if Grace was let off scott free and Deacon was facing punishment. I hadn't even thought of Zaryn the past few days.. i know he had wanted to talk to me but I avoided him. Deacon did a horrible thing to me.. one that gave me nightmares but i know that it wasn't him. It was a version of him under the influence of Anita. But Zaryn... he wasn't under influence when he kissed Grace.. or when he fed her from his hand when she first arrived as i watched from my bedroom window when i lived at the pack house. He didnt stand up to his dad for me.. he just said he needed to do right thing.

I understood because I know how parental wolves can be over a pup but it still hurt and i felt salty over being rejected. Even though now i know the letter wasn't  from him... it was rewitten by anita or grace.. but that was the last straw where i truly gave up on him.

That was the last thing that made me numb.

I haven't given him a fair chance but neither has he given me one. Until now. Knowing something was off due to the fact he couldnt sense her heat.. herbal teas only

Just in case things don't go the way i need them to... i have a plan.

Because if she winds up staying here on our land, pregnant with my mates pup still... i couldn't be around for that. My dad assured me that she would probably leave the land with her father... but i think once he finds out about her... he wont want anything to do with her. Alpha Conrad is... well he's mountainous. He is rugged.. and he's a wolf who only cares about himself.

Guiding myself down the stairs, i could hear mom still in the kitchen putting away dishes. Frowning to myself, i walked down to the kitchen and watched as she frantically buzzed about, hands shaking as she finished cleaning up.