75. The Moon's Will

Awww snap

Bet you didnt see this coming!

Surprise!!

Nova

Eyes blurry, filled with unshed tears as i climbed my way up the side of the forrest beside the waterfall.. the box of memories clutched under my arm..

Thoughts kept drifting to Deacon..

How much we laughed together.. the first time i saw him cry, when watched the notbook and the last time i saw him cry, when he turned seventeen and shifted for the first time.

He had told me it was nothing.. just the pain.

But when i first shifted, i realised he never cried over the pain.

Now i know he cried because i wasnt his mate.

That i never knew what feelings he harbored for me..

As i approached the small clearing at the top of the waterfall, the air cool but not cold.. sun still shining overhead, i made my way closer to the forrests edge on the opposite end where the willow tree stood.

Deacon's grave.

My tears fell, cascading as i looked down upon the marble tombstone.. engraved with improper death date.

It made me angry wolves could treat a pack member this way.

But i understood.

He did some horrible things that i can't even stomach to think about...

But this box? Its filled with the Deacon i did know.

A sob left my mouth as I sat next to his grave.. setting my box of memories in front of my crossed legs. Now is an awful time to do this with the packs coming.. but i felt compelled. Something has been shoving me to come here.. to get it all out. Be it the moon?

Im not sure.

I felt the cold marble of the headstone.. closing my eyes.. i could almost smell Deacon standing beside me. Could almost hear his chuckle at me for crying over him..

I let the tears run..

Being closed up for so many months and now raging with pregnancy hormones, It's hard for me to keep my emotions in check.

Taking a deep breath, i lifted the lid off the box.. taking out items and laying them on the grass in front of me. I sighed, feeling the air surround me in a comforting swirl of heat mixed with a gentle breeze.. such a contradiction, our weather.

The first thing my fingertips came to was the picture D drew me when we were in kindergarten..

A crayon drawing of me and him. Stick figures holding hands. At the bottom it said, bezt frends forevver

Smiling, i wiped a tear from my cheek as i continued pulling things out.. laying them in order of when i recieved them. Most were dated.

A lot were drawings. Goddess, D could draw.

"Deacon, remember when you gave me this drawing?" I asked as if he could hear me, holding up a picture he drew of me in charcoal. He was only ten but he was always so advanced.  It was nothing compared to the things he created as he grew older... but it was still beautiful.

A drawing of me.. sitting on the tree swing in my dress with a crown of scottish heathers in my hair that i insisted he help me make. My eyes closed, recalling the day.