76. Prepare

Sorry im late!
But hey you got an early chap the other day so be happy.

My internet has been funky and my data was off until just a min ago bc i used it all up! Ahhh! Enjoy!

Zaryn

Protective.. Happy. In love. Angry. Tired. Tortured.

The words that described my entire feelings that today has brought.

Amazing.

One word to describe my mate.

Today was a whirlwind of emotional events but the fact I have a pup in the oven... its made my wolf and myself on edge. Im growing larger.. bulking on more muscle as most mated males do when they have pregnant mates. I never experienced that with Grace because she wasnt my mate. I only became protective.

With Nova i was becoming a beast in a different sense than how i have been this entire time without her. I was becoming cruel when she left.. now with her here.. i can slowly feel myself changing to bend toward her.

. But not at the moment.. right now that beast i was before she came was peeking out at the threat imposed on my family. On my pack.

What she told me about the moon sending Deacon to speak with her.. to give her peace, answer her questions.. it made me happy for her but the fact he warned her of a war... a war that will happen during the mate picnics tomorrow - that set me off. The moon has put so much on our plates and now this? I wont have any wolf bringing trouble to my family. I will rip them to shreds..

Currently pacing my family home's living room - the one that is off limits to all pack members aside from my Luna. My mate.

I was fuming.. my fists clenched.. feral rumbles vibrating the air every now and then as i paced and thought. Nova's presence.. her eyes watching me as i moved, brought me a slight comfort as the bond sizzled.. projections of her thoughts seeping into the back of my mind.

I was angry, completely naked because i had to shift upon leaving the oracles cabin as my fury was too much for me to take.. and my nakedness was getting to her.. making my mind mush with her thoughts. I was fighting lust and anger all at the same time.

But i needed to focus right now, which is why i havent spared a glance her way because I would become distracted.

I was too angry to be the loving mate she needed me to be right now..

Angry that my mate and pup could be in danger. Angry that someone would start a war tomorrow and whoever had the balls to do it wouldn't live to see another day. I would make sure of it.

Glaring at every picture and vase that I laid eyes on as i continued pacing, i thought back to the words the oracle said.

We visited her.. but she had been expecting us. We told her what happened to Nova and she showed her the tattoo and slip of paper. Claire was amazed and stunned all at once.

Nova's vision of Deacon? Completely real.

The Moon sending her warnings? Also real.

Claire had seen the moon's will. She knew we would come to her before she would have come to us.. with the knowlege that there would be war but with which pack? No one knew.

Her interest over Nova's tattoo...

Claire said it was something she had only seen once on another Oracle a long time ago. The Moon had chosen her to carry out her justice... to bring skeletons out of closets. A warrior of sorts.. but Nova's tattoo held a deeper meaning.