Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Kim

Today was a long day. I went to Lenox Square Mall to go shopping for Asia birthday. She don’t want a party just presents and she is making four. I got her too many presents. A lot of shoes, clothes, and toys, and many more shit she like. I struggled walking out of the mall. I had to much stuff on this cart. This kindly young man came and offered to help. I needed that. I picked my phone up to call Aaron.

“Hello.” He said in his semi deep accent.

“Hey bae, I just got done shopping and I’m on my way to the salon to get my hair done. So I will see you later.” I said.

“Alright be careful wifey. I love you.” He told me.

“Aww, I love you to. Bye baby.” I said.

“Bye.” He hung up the phone and I pulled out of the driveway.

I walked into the salon and to the front desk. “Hey how may I help you to day Kim.” Sandra asked me. She always has her hair did. When I say did, I mean did.

“A wash and just style it up any kind of way.” I said.

“Okay go to Keneisha’s chair.” I walked off and went forward to keneisha.

“Hey girl.” I said sitting down. I sat my purse on the table beside me.

“Wuzz up. Kim.” She said. We were chit chatting for a lil bit. “Lean your head back.”  She instructed. She began to wash my hair. See them; they wash your hair three times maybe even four. They stay in business. They always have drama though. Girls and women come up in here running their mouth about who slept with who and whom the baby daddy is and everything. Shit, speaking of the devil. These two young girls about 17, 18 came in here talking bout’ this fine ass man. Man. They aint supposed to be worrying about some man. These fast ass lil’ girls I tell you. Keneisha blow-dried my hair and she started styling it. I was too busy listening to their conversation.

“Then there was this lady with red hair and this man, he was light skinned but I couldn’t see his face. Girl you can see them from the building getting it in. they aint got no shame in their game.” One girl said.

“Oooo lawd, he sound like he could put in the work.” The other commented doing a little dance with it. I sat there and shook my head. Then I wonder if they were talking bout Rayne. I have doubts, there are plenty of red heads that walk around in Atlanta. I sat there and thought who this man could be. I don’t care anyways.

“Done baby girl.” Keneisha said.

“I love this. Thank you girl.” I said touching the sides and feeling the texture off my hair. I had natural black curly hair. She added a little blondish gold to the tips.

“You are most definitely welcome.” She said smiling. I picked up my purse and headed to Sandra to pay.

“You already know the price for you.” Sandra said. I took out my wallet and gave her 65 dollars. That’s good. Whenever I come to get my hair done I pay only 65. All the others have to pay full price. I

“See you guys next time.” I said walking out.

“Alright, bye girl.” Everyone said.

I got in my car and headed home. I punched in the code for the gate and it opened. I saw Asia playing with her friends and Nathan probably inside with Aaron playing the game. I didn’t want her to see what I got so I went around the back to the garage.  

“Boys come help me get the stuff.” I said while passing them up in the game room. I went straight to my closet. My closet was big enough to fit her gifts, but nobody I know got a closet as big as my girl Tiny. That hefa can have a Mardi Gras parade in there. I sat the bags down and went to go grab some more. I come downstairs and these to little idiots still playing the game. I walked in front of the TV and stood there with my hands on my hips.

“We come bae.” Aaron said surrendering his hands up in the air.

“Yeah ma.” Nathan said. I rolled my eyes at them both as they got up. After we were done, I went to the kitchen to make dinner. As I began to cook, Aaron came in there sitting on the island counter. I put water in the pot to boil the spaghetti. He wrapped his hands around me and rested his head on my shoulders.

“I like your hair and the new color added.” He said while kissing me on the cheek.

“Thanks baby.” He kissed me one last time before going back to that game of there. Asia and her friend Tyshell came running in the house and up to her room. I shook my head. I picked up my phone when I heard it rung.

“Hello.” I said.

“Hey bestie.” It was Vanessa.

“Hey lil momma wuzz up.” I said.

“Nothing I was calling to tell you I got Asia some stuff for her birthday and that I’m gonna bring it over in a few.”

“Damn. I just went shopping for her not too long ago.” I responded.

“She gon’ have too much shit, she bout to have some more. Just wait til I bring it to you.”

“Okay well see you later then.”

“Alright bye girl.” She said and I hung up. I finished cooking, turn the stove to medium so it stays warm. I went upstairs to my room for a shower. I got in and got out 15 minutes later. I put on my pajama shorts with a regular yellow tank top and my fuzzy brown slippers.

“Kim.” Vanessa said while walking through the door with bags followed by Aaron and Nathan. She was right she did have a lot. They sat the bags in front on my bed.

“Okay boys you can leave.” she said ushering them out.

“So let’s take a look.” We went bag by bag pulling out some of the prettiest clothes and shoes, and jewelry I have ever seen. She got my baby ten new bathing suits and a matching hat for both. She got her scarves, socks, and underwear. I came across a bag and I was like…

“Oh hell no.” I said picking up some lingerie. She looked up at me.

“Oh that’s mine, sorry mami.” She took it out my hand.

“You had me scared for a moment.” I let out a sigh of relief. When we were done, she left and I put the bags in the closet. “Dinner ready come eat everyone.” I yelled through the hall. I walked downstairs to the kitchen to fix plates. We all sat at the table eating. I glanced over at Asia who was eating while singing ‘My birthday tomorrow’ I laughed. We ate in silence til she asked me what I got her for her birthday.

“I am not telling you.” I said

“Aww man” she went back to her own little world.

“Bae, this is good.” Aaron said. “I so happy I am marrying you.” He smiled at me. “I hope I get some desert afterwards.” He licked his lips.

“Da what you licking yo lips for.” Nathan said looking at Aaron in a disgusted way. Then he looked at me.

“Yall nasty, I just lost my appetite.” He said getting up from the table.

“You can get some desert if you clean the kitchen for me tonight.” I shot back. I know he gon’ fall back on that. He don’t clean. He doesn’t like to clean up.

“Okay.” I was shocked.

“Damn you want it that bad huh?” I asked.

“Yup, even though I had some last night when you came home from club’n wit ya crew.” He said. I didn’t respond. I got up and went back upstairs.

“I’ll be waiting for you.”