Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Kim

I kissed Aaron on the cheek before leaving the house. Nathan was still asleep, and Asia was in her room playing with Tyshell. I walked in the room, kissed her, and told her that I would be back later. I hugged Tyshell, kissed her to, and left.

I got in my car and drove off to the restaurant. I came across a red light a block away from Calvin’s job. All the way from over here, I spotted him walking in the building with a woman in front. I couldn’t see here though. I was going to stop and ask him is Tiny okay. She did not call me like she said she was. Although girls night didn’t go as planned. She and Rayne just went at it. What I’m still stuck on is that this girl had the nerve to fake cough or choke or whatever the hell she did when I was talking. I don’t know what her problem is, but Rayne need to get it together. I’m not gonna worry about them today I gotta focus on my mom and see what the problem.

I finally pulled up at Paschal’s. My momma picked this place to eat. Good food here to. I shut my door and walked in. I spotted my momma at her table and I walked right over there. She got up and met me.

“My baby.” She said while hugging me.

“Momma, long time no see.” I said. We took a seat and I began to talk.

“So, what is the problem?” I asked.

She took a deep breath before speaking. “Me and your daddy is getting a divorce.” She looked me dead in my eyes and told me that.

“What?” I was shocked. They seemed like they were in love. I guess not. I guess they were just pretending. She just shook her head. “Since when.”

“We come to realize that we aren’t working out and that it is time to move on. I popped that up first.”

“What he do ma?” I had to ask. My daddy always doing something. She just gave me the look like ‘Oh you know.’

“Wow.” Was all I can say. Then we started talking about it some more. We ordered the food and drinks as we talked. I told her about my life in Atlanta so far. As she told me about here life and time in Gainesville Florida. Our food came and we ate and still talked.

“Ma where you staying at while you’re out here?” I asked

“At a hotel.” She answered.

“Really ma, you know you could have come home with me. Besides Nathan wants to see you.”

“I know. I miss my grandbabies too. Alright I come. But I don’t wanna here nothing.”

“What you talking bout’.” I said tryna act like I don’t know what she referring to when I do.

“You know what.”

I laughed as I continued to eat. The food was good. I had the Southern Seafood Pasta with shrimp, chicken & Andouille sausage, tossed in fettuccini and red pepper cream sauce, and she had the Cajun Seafood Platter with fried shrimp, pan seared, crab cake and French fries.

When we were done eating. I tipped the waitress a hundred and we headed to the hotel then back at my place.

I opened the door and Nathan immediately ran to the door. “Momo.” He yelled. That’s when Asia came down followed by her friend and hugged my momma. Pam walked in the kitchen where Aaron was making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the kids.

“Hey son in law.” She hugged him and he said hey back with a kiss on her cheek. My mom loves her some Aaron. They chatted while he brought her things to the guest room. I went to my lounge to read a book. Asia and Tyshell were in the livingroom watching Dore the Explorer. I heard them whispering about something so I went to listen. I stood behind them as the talked.

“How come you don’t have a dad?” Asia asked her.

“I don’t know.” Tyshell answered.

“Well my dad can be your dad until your mom finds you one.”

“Okay.” Tyshell replied. These kids these days. I thought that was sweet. She says anything I tell you. That’s my baby. What man would abandon a pretty ass little girl like Tyshell. From my lounge I found myself staring at her. from her face on down. She was in between light and dark. A beautiful color. Curly jet-black hair and a pretty smile. She had light brown eyes. She so damn pretty. She had a mole on the back of her shoulder near her under arm. I am feeling sorry for that little girl sometimes. Aaron interrupted me by a kiss on my forehead. I did not even notice him come in the room. He realized what I was staring at.

“Why is you staring so hard at that girl?”

“I don’t know. Asia told her that you can be her dad until her mom finds her one.” I looked at him smiling. He smiled too.

“That girl I tell you.”

“I know right.”

“Im bout to go so I’ll catch yall later love.”

“Alright baby. I love you.”

“I love you too.” He kissed me on my lips and left.