Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Rayne

I turned the shower waters off. Getting out, wrapping myself in my orange towel. There was a knock on the door. I glanced at the time before going to answer it. It was ten after five. I didn't have work today, but I was going on a date with Cori though. I opened the door, and there stood a little girl around the age of four or five in her girl scout clothes. She had a wagon filled with cookies. I smiled. "Hey pretty girl."

"Hi. Do you want to but cookies for my fundraiser so if I win and sell the most cookies, I can, I can get a tablet." she said. I want really into cookies at the moment. I didn't want to spend no money, but she was cute and she wants a tablet. "You can look in to see what you like."

I walked over to the wagon, examining what's inside. I needed to hurry up, I was getting cold. "Ill take three boxes of coconuties, and a box of the chocolate chip."

"Okay that's right dollars." she said.

I walked back inside to get the money out of my purse, and came back. She gave me the boxes left.

"Thank you miss." she skipped away. I smiled as she skipped. I would love one of those.  I walked inside closing the door behind me. I just remember that I have a date today. I have to get ready. I went to my room to get gorgeous. I picked up my phone.

"Shit." I hissed out loud. I forgot I had Kevin's phone. He took mines when he was leaving the other day. I called him, but he didn't answer. I decided to call again.

"Hello." He picked up on the first ring.

"Baby, it's me."

"Yeah, I need my phone Ray." I giggled.

"Come over then." I said seductively.

"Ahh, I can't. You'll have to."

"But I can't either." I said.

"Why?" he asked.

"I have a...date tonight. I have that person my number and they probably been calling me." I thought he was going to be mad, but he seem cool with it.

"Ill be over in fifteen."

I began running my fingers through my scalp. I decided to keep my hair straight. I also died it black not too long ago. I review myself in the mirror once again. I don't why, but I choose to wear all white. White right fitted dress, with the back out, white stiletto sandals that tie up all the the way to my cabs. Spraying myself with Fantasy by Brittney Spears, I got a call. I walked over and my eyes widened with, I don't even know. I forgot I had Kevin's phone. Just in time I slid over the green, and ran to the door, while opening I put it to his ear quick. He caught on and began talking.

"Heyyyyyy...Yeah I just ran to get something I needed... Okay... love you too." He took the phone and hung up. He pulled me close, kicking the door shut, showering me with those lips of his.

"Wait Cal-Kevin." I had to catch my breath.

"What did I tell you about that Ray."

"I stopped myself, besides it's only us." I said sitting down on the couch.

"Anyways, why you looking so good." He changed the subject, tugging at my thighs. He slapped my ass.

"Would you stop." I pushed his hands away.

"No. So who you going out on a date with?" Kevin asked.

"Why is you all up in my business?" I said.

"You must really like this Nigga, whoever he is. He got you bugging." He looked at me. "Acting all stuck up and shit." He shook his head and I rolled my eyes.

"You seem cool with it."

"I am. Why wouldn't I be." He asked.

"Just asking." I was a little sad that he was cool. I mean he is playing both sides of this, so I guess I can have me someone else to. I like Cori, bout I love Kevin. How could he not love me if he don't? Do he realize how long it's been. We been in this together, and nothing still had happened. I want to have Kevin's kids and get married, but ill let him choose. if me and Cori work out, I guess it's a change of plans. I'll have his babies. I really like him. That's why we going on this date, to see if he really is what's up.

"So is you gone tell me who you going on a date with?" he asked again.

"Is you gone leave, cuz it's almost that time." I started at him. "Don't mean mug me boy."

"I just did." He got up kissing my cheek. I got up right along with him. I wrapped my arms around his torso from the back while walking him to the door.

"You know you look some sexy in that dress, and you wearing white heels, icing on the cake. So who's your date?"

"If I tell you, would you shut up."

"Yeah, that's what I'm waiting on." He stood outside the door, with his hands in his pockets.

"His name is Cori." I said. He looked at me and busted out laughing. He looked at me then back at the ground shaking his head laughing.

"What's funny?"

"Man, Cori, lightskin, light brown eyes. All hell fitna break loose." He turned around, then back at me and laughed again.

"Yeah. What's wrong with him, he's nice." I said defending him. I put my hands on my hips.

"He's. Rayne I know you ain't that stupid."

"You saying that like you know him."

"Me and him go way back." He said.

"Whatever, you Bullshittin." I waved my hand off at him walking back in the house.

"You is forgetting something." He called back.

"What." He laughed when I appeared back at the door way. He dipped caught his breath, smirked, then it turn to laughter.

"Your asswhole Kevin." I pushed him, he caught my hands pulling me to his chest.

"Are you a lesbian?" he asked.

"What, what the hell. No, I like dick. strictly dickly over here babe."

"Just checking. Aight Ima catch you some other time Ray. Let me go for I get in trouble." He kissed my cheek. I admitted him when he was walking away. He mumbled 'Cori' under his breath, shaking his head. I wanna know what the deal is between that. I walked back in the house and saw his phone sitting in the side table. He forgot it. I snatched it up and tried to catch him before he left. I got to the staircase and missed him. Then I saw Cori get out of the car. He had a nice one. It was matching my outfit, he was too. Looking good. He began walking up towards my building and I turned around walking back into my apartment. I did some finishing touches on myself before answering the door. Then Kevin's question started playing in my head 'Are you a lesbian?' That was weird. Why would he ask me something like that? I thought about it. The answer to that is no. I started thinking on why he asked me, I don't know. There was a knock on the door. "Guess I'll have to find out."