Chapter 28

Tiny

"Baby." I walked into his office calling his name, clutching my stomach. Something didn't feel right. I felt a sharp pain there. I looked at him. He was sitting at his desk looking through some papers. From what I see, he's gonna be at work in another hour. I have twenty minutes to spare. I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing his cheek.

"Yeah." he said not looking up at me.

"I don't feel to well."

"What's wrong with you." he signed his signature on something before turning his attention to me. He pulled me onto his lap. I pointed to my stomach not wanting to talk. I was feeling it again.

"What's wrong with it Tiff?"he rubbed it.

"I feel a sharp pain down there." I said on the verge of throwing up.

"Want to go to the doctor?" he asked.

"It's not that bad to where I have to go to the doctor Calvin." Calvin's phone started ringing and I snuck a peek at whom it was. His name showed up. He ignored it.

"Why does your name show up?"

"I don't know." he responded, avoiding eye contact. I rubbed my stomach along with making a sound.

"I'm hungry."

"Go fix you something then." he posted my leg.

"You so rude." I got up and went downstairs to the kitchen. I took out an egg, a pack of bacon, lettuce, tomatoe and wraps. I cracked the egg opened into a bowl. I added salt and a little portion of pepper. My skillet was hot enough so I added my bacon to it, and my egg in the other. I warmed my two wraps in the microwave. I added ranch dressing and the tomato. I checked my egg. I took it out and flipped my bacon to the other side. I put my egg onto both of my wraps along with my bacon.

Calvin came in the kitchen staring me down. "Where mines at Tiffany." he sat next to me.

"Didn't you tell me go fix me something." I replied biting into my second wrap.

"I meant me too." I smacked my lips. 

"Whatever."

"How you feeling."

"I'm feeling goo-" I threw up in his lap.

"Aww really Tiff." I wiped my mouth then I rested my head on the breakfast bar top. "Come on. Taking you upstairs." Calvin picked me up like a two year old, with my head on his shoulder. I really wasn't feeling good now. Calvin laid me down on the bed. he went into the small built in fridge on the wall and got nee a water. I opened it, about to take a sip, but I glanced at Calvin, who was staring at me smiling.

"What?"

"Nothing." he answered.

"Then why you smiling at me?"

"I'm just waiting for you to tell me."

he said. I giggled.

"Tell you what." I clearly didn't know what he was talking about.

"Oh, you know."

I shook my head. "No, I don't know." he looked at me like'yeah right'. He smiled even more. it was quiet for about ten seconds.

"Let's go to the doctor."

...

Calvin opened my door, and we walked hand in hand into the Atlanta Medical Hospital. I didn't exactly why we were here. I just felt like he was up to something. We walked in and headed straight for the front desk.

"Hi sir, how may I help you." a dark skinned lady said, with an annoying voice.

"Yes, my wife hasn't been feeling well, and she the up this morning. I know what it is, but I want to be sure."

She nodded her head. "Fill this out."

He took the clipboard, filing it out quick. I looked around the hospital door and saw Rayne come in. She saw me. She didn't look so well. I got up and went over to her. Rayne and I haven't been on the best if teens, but the days are going by slowly. I guess I'll just go clear some of the smoke that was in the air. I sat next to her. "Hey."

"Hey." she responded.

"How you been."

"Good, you." we both never looked at either. I glanced up and saw Calvin look at her then me.

"Good."

"What you here for?" I asked.

"Um, I'm not feeling to good." we both just nodded and I guess enjoyed the quietness.

Seconds later, my name was called. "Tiffany Reed." A man doctor said. I got up smiling with Cal walking towards me.

"I'll see you later."

She nodded, and.

...

"I'm doctor Grady Felix, I'll will now be your doctor."

"Okay hey Dr. Felix."

"Describe how you was feeling this morning."

"I woke up and I felt a sharp pain on the left side of my stomach. Then I threw up when I was eating my breakfast."

"Are you pregnant?"

"Not that I know of. I don't know what it's like to feel when you're pregnant."

"You don't have any kids." I shook my head. He got up, walked over to the counter, and pulled out a clear small container. He handed it to me. "Pee in this for me." I scrunched my eyes at him before getting up. I walked into the bathroom and went into a stall. I waited a few minutes before I could really pee. When I was feeling it, I took the top of, and did my business. I topped it back and left out the stall. I fixed my jogging pants, and looked up and saw Rayne. She was washing her hands. She noticed me and saw the container. She littered her eyes. I know we aren't really taking right now, but something is wrong this girl. She dried her hands and left. That's when I noticed that she had the same thing in her hand. I guess Kevin got her knocked up. I wonder if he's here. Well I didn't see him when she walked in, but he could've met up with her. Or he couldn't make it.

I walked back into the doctors office. he took the cup out of my hands when I handed it to him, and did he'll be back. We waited for about fifteen minutes.

He had his clipboard in his hands writing. "We'll do you want the news?"

"Whats the news."

"You are not sick," he smiled like Calvin did when we were on the bed.

"That's good."

"but your pregnant."

"YESSSS. I KNEW IT." Calvin yelled out in excitement. I had no words. I was really happy, we been trying to have a baby for like. forever. Now it happened. We seen no results, but just to take it slow and let the days pass by. My eyes widened with joy, then I started to cry. I jumped up hugging Calvin. He hugged me back.

"Thank you doctor. So much." I grabbed my baby daddy's hand.

"Your welcome Mr. and Mrs. Reed."

...

Leaving out the office, and hospital, I seen Rayne get into her car. She looked back and  saw us. I waved, she didn't wave back, then I wanted to know if she was looking at me, or was she mad, or whatever. I don't know. I glanced at Calvin who was looking at her back.

"What you looking at?"

"What's wrong with her. Why is she here?" he asked.

"I don't know, and she said she wasn't feeling too good." I answered.

"Oh." we got in the car and drove off back to the house.