Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Kim

Momma at the table telling the kids how I always got whooped for being bad in school. She had us all laughing our asses off. I aint gonna lie, I was a bad ass when I was little. "After that last, good, two day ass whooping, she didn't act up no more." she finished off pointing at me. I smiled.

"Ma how come we don't get ass whoopings?" Asia said while sticking a fry in her mouth.

"Asia." I screamed out her name. I guess she was serious, because she was waiting for an answer.

"That's why we don't cuss in front of them." Aaron said. "Prime example." he pointed towards Asia.

"Oh, shut up boy." my ma flapped her hand in his face.

"Momo, why didn't papa come?" Nathan asked an off guard question.

"Um, me and papa aren't together anymore." she forced a smile.

"What?" Nathan and Aaron yelled so loud, people were starting to stare.

"When the heck did this happen?" Nathan asked.

Consigned by his father " Yeah, when?"

"Its a long story Aaron," she looked down at Nathan. "You'll understand when you get older okay." she said.

"Okay."

We continued to eat our food having small talk here and there. I looked up at Aaron who was staring at something. I turned around to see Nikki walking toward us.

"Hey Nikki!" I somewhat said with excitement.

"Ah, hi Kim." she hugged me as I stood up.

I been down to Tyshell and hugged her. "You look so pretty." I heard Aaron introducing Nikki to my mom.

"Thank you." she replied. Asia came running out her seat.

"Tyshell!" she ran into her arms. They jumped up and down like they always do. I took my seat.

"What you doing here?" Aaron asked.

"Ty wanted to come to Dave and Buster's so here we are." she said.

"Well there enough room for two more. Join us." he said. I was about to say something, but my momma gave me the look. We supposed to be having family time, and he wanna invite people to the table. You don't do that. I mean we are good neighbors, but this is our time.

Everyone started talking. Including me. I didn't want to be rude so I entered the conversation. As we were talking, we stopped.

"So did your mom find you a dad yet?" Asia asked Tyshell.

"Not yet." she answered.

"What are they talking about?" she asked.

"It's a long story." I said.

"Wait, she knows." Nikki pointed to me looking at Aaron.

"Knows what?" my mom said looking at Nikki. The kids stopped talking and put their attention on us.

"Yeah, know what?" I sat up in my seat all the way, leaning in.

"Nothing." she looked away. Aaron looked at me. I wanted to say something, but I kept quiet for the second time.

"Oh no, I want to know." my momma said.

"Me too."  I looked at both of them until I got an answer.

"It's nothing." she said putting her head down. She got up from the table. "Ty, come on we about to go."

"But we just got here." Tyshell said. Tyshell got up and I saw my mom staring at her.