Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Rayne

Letting Kevin watch me shake it every now and then is getting old. I don’t feel comfortable with it anymore. My mind was drifting in many other places. I had a lot of shit on my mind right now. I shouldn’t have come to work today. I was off, but I didn’t have anything else to do. So I showed up.

I went to the back to change. I was finish with my routine I just had done. I opened my locker and grabbed my clothes I bought with me to change in. My cell started ringing. I picked it up and it was an unknown number. I didn’t want to answer, but I did anyways.

“Hello.” I said.

“Wassup ma.” It was a man on the phone.

I immediately knew that voice. I sighed. “How did you get my number?” I asked.

“Yo homegirl.” He said.

“You talkin bout Crystal, Shakey, Neon.” I said.

“I don’t give out my resources like that. So who been getting them private dances like me now?”

I chuckled. “Oh yeah, you haven’t been here in a while. Whats up with that?” I say.

“So you want me there. I see you Rayne. Check you out.” He laughed.

“Look I got to go and you don’t have to call me from private.”

“Ight ma. One.” He said.

“Wait, wait. I never got your name though.”

“Just call me Q.”

“Q. okay. Well see ya.” I replied and hung. I checked to see who else called which were both Tiny and Kim. I remember when I told them I couldn’t hang with them the other night, they saw me. I did feel guilty a little because I always go out with ma girls, but this time I was out with Kevin. I didn’t want them to meet him yet. Maybe not ever.

I got dressed and left out to let boss know that I am leaving out now. I walked out of the club and Kevin ran up to me.

“Hey lover.” I didn’t respond to him, I just rolled my eyes. “So you want me to come over tonight.”

“Uh, yes.” I said with and attitude. We got in the car and left to my place. I unlocked the door and sat my stuff down on the floor next to the door. I walked to my bedroom and Kevin followed me. He grabbed my waist and spun me around so that I face him. His finger lifted my chin and his lips pressed onto my lips. I pulled away.

“Not tonight Kevin.” I said that because I was thinking hard on this one thing.

“Why?” he asked me.

“You should just go home now.” I looked him in the eyes and he looked kind of upset.

“Okay,just call me when you wanna talk or whatever.” With that said he left without saying goodbye.

I hopped on my bed and laid back. I began kicking off my shoes and unbuckling my jeans. I stood up and took them off along with my shirt. I got in bed. Kevin already home and in bed. he probably sleep. I thought about calling him, but I had to rethink that. I didn’t go to sleep until three something in the morning.  

I hit the snooze button on my clock and got up. I showered and got all pretty like always. I was going by Tiny's house today. I wanted to return her call in person. her's and Kim's. when I was finished getting ready, I left.

I knocked on her door two times before I got an answer. Tiny opened her door with a shock look on her face.

"Hey can we talk."

"That's why I kept blowing your phone up." we both laughed a little bit. She moved over to the side letting me enter the house. damn, its so damn big. This is my dream home. I walked in the kitchen and sat on the breakfast bar stool. She walked around the other side and rested her elbows on the counters. "Talk." she said.

"I wanted to say that I am sorry for lying to you and Kim. I do know why I did though. I was out with Kevin and I wanted us time. I am also  sorry for not answering your calls. but I wanted to answer it in person that is why I came over today." I said. I wasn't even finished and she questioned me.

"Why didn't you just say you were out with Kevin?"

"I don't know." I look at her.

"When am I going to meet This Kevin anyways. you been keeping him away for so long now."

"I don't know. I don't think he is the one. " I put my head down.

"What wrong?" I shook my head as I lifted it up. That when Tiny's husband Calvin came into the kitchen. I looked at Tiny.

"Hey baby." she said.

"Wassup bae, Hey Ray." I immediately looked at him.

"Since when do you call her Ray." she asked him.

"I said Rayne." he said as he looked through the refrigerator.

Tiny didn't respond to him. She turned her attention back to me and we started talked about a whole different subject as Calvin grabbed a water bottle and left.