Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Vanessa

"Q hurry up with the soup damn." I yelled out to him. I'm not far along in the pregnancy yet, but I be acting like it to get my way. There's actually no need to because I do get my way. He came back with the soup after taking forever.

"No need to be so impatient baby." he kissed my forehead. I smiled.

He wasn't working at the moment but somehow he was still getting that paper. It can't be for that drug dealing business he used to be in. He told me that he quit. I'm not too fond of that job. In that case if he was still in it and something's goes wrong they might come after me. I don't have time for that. I'll be highly pissed if he is. If there's one thing I don't like, my number one thing, is to be lied to.

Q interrupted me once I heard him talking to the baby. A smile crept upon my face as I rubbed his wavy hair. "So Vanessa, I was thinking." He looked at me. I glared at him to go on. "We should migrate to another state." He said. I laughed my heart out at that. Until I realized he didn't laugh with me.

I suddenly stopped. "You're serious aren't you?" I said lowly.

"Yup, I am. Since we're in Atlanta I was thinking more of how about Florida. You know how you always wanted to move there, and raise a family there. I was thinking it can be our new start. And we are by the beach." He poked my arm many times. "We can have a house there, buy a house there."

"It sounds convincing, but I don't wanna leave my friends here and me missing out on girls night and all that other good stuff." I whined.

"They are still going to be close don't worry." He stared at me for an answer.

Well, can I say this was super unexpected? Didn't know he was going to say that. No lie that shit through me off. I wonder where all of this was coming from. So, I had to ask. "Why you wanna move so fast?"

"Huh?" he responded.

"You heard me you ass." I threw a pillow at his face. He laughed like I didn't ask him anything. He laid back on the bed staring at the ceiling. I barely touched my soup, but I sat it on the nice stand. I crawled on the bed, and got on top of him.

"What?" he dared to ask.

"What you mean what? I asked you why you wanna move so fast?" I repeated.

He hesitated for a minute, then got comfortable. "I want a fresh start on life, move away from the bullshit. Ya know. We are about to have a baby, and you know how I did what I did before, I don't want that type of lifestyle around my daughter." He looked at me.

"I have to say, you are real convincing." I say.

"I try I try." He replied.

"How you were having a girl?" I say.

"Hmmmm. I know for sure that this is a girl in here. I hope it's a girl in here." He touched my stomach.

I took a deep breath before speaking. "We can move under one condition." I held up my finger.

"What is the condition?" he asked.

"You tell me the real reason why you wanna leave, instead of saying what you don't want to tell." I say. I was serious. I'm starting to think that he had done something wrong. I remember when he would tell me this his hometown and how he is never leaving no matter what. And he emphasized 'No matter what'.

"A'ight. Just not right now." He looked away.

I moved his head connecting his eyes with mines. "What happened to no matter what?"

"Things changed." He lifted his head up to meet my lips. "I love you."

"Whatever." I put my head down getting off of him.

"Original Vanessa for ya." He commented.

"Shut up." I walked out of the bedroom to go pee. I didn't bother closing the door so I took a piss with it open. I grabbed some tissue, followed by wiping myself dry with it. I migrated to the bathroom sink, put soap on my hands, turned the water on, and began the washing. I took a paper towel and dried my hands off. I didn't even notice that the whole time I was staring at my belly until Q called me.

"Yeah." I shouted out while feeling on my tummy turning to the side. I am going to be so fat in a few months. Ugh, my body is sexy. I wanna stay that way.

"Your phone was ringing."

"Why you didn't answer it?" I asked still staring at myself, cocking my head to the side.

"Um, that's your phone." He answered.

"Oh." I say back, not much though.

"You okay in there because, I can see what you're doing." He said.

I turned my head around facing him. I forgot I had the door wide open. This whole time I was staring at my stomach, putting my hands out in front of me just to see how fat I'll be.

"I'll still love you even when your stomach gets big. You're not going to be fat V." I smiled at him, keeping my eyes locked with his, walking over to him. He handed me my phone. I checked to see who had called for me. It was Tiny. I called her back and she sounded some pissed.

"So this muthfucka had the nerve to play with me..." she went on and on and on. Talking so much shit about her husband. Babbling so hard about how she going to leave his ass. To be honest, she my girl and all, but I don't think so. No way have I known her too much. She isn't going anywhere no time soon.

I finally hung up the phone. I looked at Q stunned shaking my head as he was texting on his phone or doing whatever. "Cannot believe that Tiny and Calvin getting a divorce." I said leaning back onto the bed to begin staring at the ceiling.

"I know right. The two seemed so in love for sure." He commented on what I said. I quickly sat up.

"You knew?" I asked. He nodded his head not taking his eyes off of the phone. "They whole time and you didn't notify me!" I laid back down. "I hate you babe." He climbed on top of me kissing my lips.

"Love you to...babe." He say. "Anyways I have to go I'll be back later." He kissed my cheek before walking out.

"You've been clocking out on me lately." I sat up once again.

"How I been clocking out on you lately." He say reentering the bedroom.

"You have, don't you have to go bye." I say with a whole lot of attitude mixed with being upset.

He walked over to me lifting my head up. He stared into my eyes. "Don't be like that with me Vanessa."

"Why you're leaving anyways. What do you possibly have to do that's so much more important than me?"

"Really. It's nothing V. Look I got to go." He turned around leaving again. I sighed leaning back onto our bed. I closed my eyes and in a few seconds, I felt my short get yanked off me. "I guess I got a little time to spare." I closed my eyes as he enetered.