Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Kim

I was sitting in my lounge area reading a book, watching Asia and her friend Tyshell walk their imaginary runway. They made straight lines using Hawaiian necklaces with flowers on them. She was walking in my heels that I just bought yesterday, and my dress that was excessively long for her short self. Her friend did the same. I looked up from my book as they sat on the floor and opened my make-up kit and applied it on. They were only three, so you know they didn't do a good job. I laughed as they smeared lipstick on themselves. I giggled.

"Mommy what you laugh for?" she asked me.

"Nothing, I'm reading my book." I answered her. She went right back to doing what she was doing.

"Okay you walk forst then Ima walk, but I call name out forst." My baby said to her friend. She couldn't say first right so you heard force. I knew what she was saying though. I understand.

"We have Tyshell walking today." She made her sound effects. Tyshell began to walk the runway, twisting her hips. I tried not to laugh at her, at both of them. When she got to the end, she struck a pose like Charlie's Angels. I shook my head.

"Now it's time for the princess Asia to walk." Tyshell said jumping up and down. Asia began to walk in slow motion. Then she picked up her speed once she got to the middle of their imaginary runway. She struck a pose the same way but different. Then they both walked down the runway together.

The doorbell rung and I got up to get it. Aaron came running down the stairs. "I got it bae."

"What the hell yall two doing?" he said.

"We play models Mr. Daddy." Tyshell said smiling. She calls him that because I guess she so used to Asia saying daddy, she just adds a Mr. He walked passed them opening the door.

"Hey Ms. Nikki." I heard him say.

"Hey Mr. I just came to check up on Ty." She replied.

"Come look for yourself." I saw her enter the house into the living room where the girls were and she almost got weak.

"Oh lord. These girls I tell you." She said. Tyshell must have heard her and came running to her. "Hey lil momma, I see you having fun." Tyshell nodded and went back to playing. I seen a certain look on Nikki's face and I walked out of my lounge.

"Well hey to you to miss thang." I said smiling.

"Hi Kim, I just came to see my baby that's all." She turned my direction giving me a hug once I got to her.

"You see'em huh." I said.

She scratched her head. "Uh, yeah. Ima be going now."

"Oh, okay well see later when you come get her right." I said.

"Yes you will." She walked over to her daughter and kissed her cheek. "Mommy will be back later to get you okay."

"Otay mommy." She was not really paying attention to her. She walked past us and Aaron opened the door. I went back to my lounge reading my book. I heard the door close. I saw Aaron run upstairs. I rolled my eyes. Sometimes I feel bad for little Tyshell. Her momma brings her over here every day. I do not mind. She does not have a father. She does, but he left Nikki for some other woman and had kids with her. I told her to him on child support. She refused it. She said that she would be okay without him. I cannot tell her what to do, but I do try my best to help her and little Tyshell out the best way I can. She does good to say she a 23-year-old single mother of one, living in a fancy ass neighborhood next door to us. These houses are 6 to 7 or bedrooms. Plus, extra room and stuff with a pool in the back. The cost is around 700,000 to 1.2 million. That's the lowest and the highest prices. If you don't have the money, get out the neighborhood. Sometimes I wonder where she gets the money to buy the house and to pay for what she got in there. I am not saying that she do not deserve it or that she too low for all that. I just get suspicious about her. She does have a job as an assistant for Tiny's husband. He got the money, maybe that's why. I don't know.

"You girls wanna go out for some ice cream?" I asked them.

"YAYYYYYY!" They both yelled in unison.

"First yall gotta get cleaned up then we can go."

"Okay." Tyshell said running up the stairs followed by Asia. It was 2:12. Nathan gets off school in and hour or so, so I should swing by and pick him up later. The girls and I can do a little shopping, mani's and pedi's to waste time. I went upstairs to my room and I heard Aaron on the phone. I was eaves dropping.

"No...you know I can't do that...Wait what." He was silent for a minute then he started talking again. "Look I don't think I like that choice... what if she don't like it... okay I'll see...where?...okay I will meet up with you then and we can go over that arrangement." He hung up and I made a noise to notify him that I was there. He jumped up. "Shit bae you scared me."

"Sorry. Who was that?"

"Wedding planner. She lost some of our stuff and she tryna ask if I won't some other stuff and I told her that you might not like it. So I told her I would just meet up with her later." He looked me directly into my eyes and said all that.

"Oh. I am taking the girls out. We will be back later." I told him.

"Okay." He clicked on the TV and flipped through channels. He looked over at me, grabbed my chin to his, and kissed me lightly on the lips. We both got lost in the moment and we did more than that. I was on top of him and he lifted my shirt up. I heard footsteps then they fading away causing me to look by the door. We both looked and laughed.

"I guess they saw our little show and ran."

"Yeah." He replied.

I got up putting my shirt back on. I leaned in and kissed his lips one last time. "See you later baby."