0.14

Today at twelve in the noon the doors of the temple would be unlocked and pushed ajar. I stood at the entrance, at the very front, just behind the priests and guards.

With a loud statement that the doors would now be opened,the two guards gave the tall wooden doors a push. Entering inside, we followed the unimpeded access to the sacrificial altar. It was surrounded by four tall thick concrete walls and a sturdy iron door.

Once it opened, a gush of filthy smelling air rushed out only to surround us completely. I closed my eyes for a brief moment, using my hand to cover my nose. When I did look up, I stumbled back at the sight, only for my back to bump against a man's chest who pushed me forward again.

Gasps filled the air as we all stared at the empty sacrificial stone. It would always be empty the day after the ritual but today...

Today the stone was drenched in blood. The red liquid was splashed across the inner walls of the temple and every where else. The smell of rust and filth was due to the blood that was so thick it hadn't dried yet.

I made my way out of the temple in terror, fear evident in my eyes and everyone else's. I thought that rumours of the young girl not being 'pure' or 'unfit' would spread like wild fire, but everyone else seemed to think differently.

The high priest seemed unfazed as he casually yet firmly assured us that it was the gods way of accepting a sacrifice. The other priests spent almost an entire week scrubbing the blood off of the walls, clearing the mess in an attempt to return the temple back to its previous glory.

Everyone except me seemed to heal from the trauma of what we all had witnessed together. They were assured that the gods definitely would protect them from the evil. The evil that I now believed to be non existent.

They spoke about the vile creatures not being able to enter the village for another month. They even made poems about the divine protective barrier around the town being too strong to be broken by any vampire or a wizard, no matter how skilled they were.

It was almost a week until I sent Jimin a message; feeling a strong need to talk to someone, and he was the only one I had.

♡♡♡

Yoona: Hi

Jimin: tell me

Yoona: Can we meet?

Jimin: no

Yoona: ??

Jimin: not yet

Yoona: Why

Jimin: I just can't

Yoona: Please Jimin

Jimin: not this week

Yoona: :(

Yoona: how about next week?

Jimin: I don't know