0.32

The moment I pushed the door to the cafe open, the aroma of fresh coffee welcomed me. The tiny bell over the door went 'ting' which made me twitch for an instant.

I couldn't erase morning's incident off my mind no matter how much I tried. My heart rate was still high and I could feel a drop of sweat drip down the midline of my chest making me awkwardly push myself into the cafe and stealthily wipe the drop off with my shirt.

"There you are" an old yet excited voice greeted.

I turned to my right and found a lady, sitting at the farthest table, sipping on a hot cup of what I knew was coffee. I could smell it everywhere, and the warmth was already making me feel at ease.

"Hello" I smiled, walking up to her.

"Sit, I'll go make you some too" she offered and I normally would have thought twice but at this moment, I needed it.

Nodding, I took my seat and watched her as she got out of her's.

It'd been a while since I had spoken to Jimin, so I thought I would pull my phone out and send him a text? I should probably tell him about the incident and talk a little but then, it'd be indecent.

I was here for a job and it wouldn't be a good idea to be on my phone right on the first day but-

"It's okay, you can use your caller or whatever that metal thing is called" her voice was loud and clear even from the far end.

My head whipped to the side to meet eyes with her for a second before I found myself smiling back. Before I could wonder how she knew, she added "Kids these days can't live without that thing".

"Sorry" I mumbled, almost inaudible, but she responded with a 'don't be'.

My heart was still beating fast and what happened in the morning had me at the edge of my seat. It didn't feel good. The memory was not only unpleasant but also frightening.

"Here" she passed me a small cup of coffee in minutes while I was trying my best to pretend like I was okay, but I was not.

Please act normal Yoona.

The brown liquid sat prettily in a white china cup, a leaf pattern in delicate milky foam among the pale brown. I wrapped my fingers around it, enjoying the heat that spread through my hands.

Taking a sip, I leaned back in my chair. As always, it tasted bitter at first, but once you take a bigger sip and let the liquid sit there, you notice that there's a new flavor. The one that hides behind the bitterness and shyly steps forth. I could feel myself relax as I swallowed before taking the next sip.

By the time I had emptied half the cup, I realised that I felt so much more better compared to what I felt like when I stepped in. The priest and the bloody man were still outlandish and creepy but I felt like I could handle it. 

"There's a lot of things you need to get familiar with, so get your ass up we're going on a tour" she grinned and I stood up enthusiastically.

She took me behind the counter and it was after a few seconds that I realised I didn't smell any coffee in there. As she opened the wooden door that led to a room behind the counter, I knew this wasn't going to be easy.

Holding the warm mug a little tighter, I stepped in behind her.  There were racks made of oak, that stood tall and broad. Over a hundred glass jars filled with differed colored coffee beans were neatly lined up on it.

"So" she started and I shifted my gaze from the coffee beans, to her.

"This is not a normal cafe. You realise that, don't you? "

Do I?  I nodded. I had no idea what she meant but I didn't want to look stupid so I pretended like I did.

" The procedure to make coffee, no matter which one it is, is all in this little chart here" she pointed to a large parchment of paper stuck on the wooden door's back, almost yellowish brown in color and ends torn off. "Stare at it for a while and you'll be good to go".

"Okay" I smiled.

"But that's not all" she raised a brow and I stared at her, ready to listen to what she had to tell.

"We make coffee based on the customer's mood. This one's for the annoyed" she tapped on the largest glass jar, " aggravated, angry, apathetic, bouncy, calm, cheerful, depressed, devious.." she went on and on, tapping on jars one next to the other, in order.

"You could look at his little tag here" she leaned forward, furrowing her brows to find it.

"Here" I reached out, pushing the yellow tag towards her with my finger and she let out a hum of approval.

Opening drawers to reveal coffee bags and measuring instruments I hadn't seen before, she explained how to make a perfect coffee and I regretted not brining a book to take down notes. This stuff was so exciting, I couldn't wait to work!

I sighed as we left the store room and she reached up to give my head a little pat, "This coffee.." she pointed at the cup in my hands, "is made from beans meant to relax you and improve your grasping capacity for today" , she sat down carefully on one of the chairs, "you'll remember all this".

As my phone vibrated in bag, I placed the cup aside before pulling it out.

Jimin: Tell her you can't work past seven in the evening

I looked up at the old lady who was now massaging her own neck.

Yoona: Jimin.. I need money. I'm starting at four in the afternoon, I can't end it at seven.

Jimin : She'll pay you either way. Trust me. Just tell her

I internally groaned before testing it out. Jimin was never wrong and i had no reason to worry but I couldn't help it.

"Umm,I'm supposed to be home by eight so I can only work here till seven" I pursed my lips.

"That's okay" she said quickly.

"About the payment.. " I started, " oh sweetheart, don't worry about it. It's gonna stay the same. A few hours don't really matter ".

Jimin: ;)

Yoona: Jiminiee

Jimin: Yessss?

Yoona: I'M GONNA CRUSH YOU IN A HUG THE MOMENT I SEE YOU, I'M NOT EVEN KIDDINGJEJR

Jimin : got to make sure you don't see me then :)

Yoona: what? no!

~~~

Because y'all wanted an update so bad and also wanted the chapter to be longer <3

P. S.  The white shirt guy in the previous chapter is some random fellow. Not My Jungkookie yo :'(