0.23

It was 11.25 in the night and I was all set to run up the stairs.  Tapping my foot against the hard wood below, I stared at myself in the mirror. I had no idea why I was trying so hard to look pretty today. He said it'd be another gift. Just another gift..
He didn't say he'd be coming, did he? 'He might even show up' I thought and I wanted to be prepared.

11.28 and I heard footsteps above me. Looking up at the ceiling, I bit my lip as I  hugged myself tight.  'Two more minutes Yoona'.

I felt giddy with excitement. I wanted to run, to shout, to tell everyone what was going to happen...but I had to wait. I couldn't sit down, couldn't read a book, couldn't even sleep for a bit. My mind was like a butterfly, whatever distraction I chose for myself, my mind kept fluttering back to his last message. Then I'd get that tingly feeling all over again.

11.29 and I found myself climbing up quick like my life depended on it. Once I was up, I looked around myself hoping to find him. Hoping to find something new. Something unusal, but there was nothing.

Nothing new.

Nothing exciting.

The floor was cold and wet under my feet as I hopped to the centre of the area. Clenching the phone tightly in one hand, I bit the life out of my lips.

And then there came the buzz, making me look down at the device at lightening speed.

Jimin: you seem too giddy for someone who's 'not excited'.

I rolled my eyes, typing out a quick reply.

Yoona: Please.

Yoona: where are u?

I waited, looking around, hoping to meet another pair of eyes looking back at me. But what came after, caught me off guard.

A blast, fireworks cut through the black like they were super-imposed on the night, like the stars behind were only a backdrop brought in for the occasion. Every streak bore a curve of sorts, brilliant lines with a living feel, organic in the way they grew.

A smile slowly made its way onto my lips, which grew wider after every cracker that was sent up into the air.

Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes which I quickly blinked away. Nobody had ever done this much for me.

It felt like forever. And I wouldn't mind spending another eternity just watching what I was watching but then came in another buzz.

Jimin: close your eyes

And once I tore my eyes away from the night sky, the fireworks stopped bursting. All my attention now on the little machine in my hand before I closed my eyes shut.

The warmth spread by the crackers were gone in an instant as cool air now surrounded me. I shifted from one foot to the other before I felt a presence.

"Jimin?" I hesitantly whispered, afraid of anyone else hearing it even though there were none.

"Yes?" a response came after mere seconds making my heart beat stop for an instant.

My hands were balled into fists, fingers digging into my skin, heart and soul begging me to open my eyes just to catch one glimpse of him.

I breathed out, at a loss of words. Why was I so intimidated? He was just another human!

There was pure, thick silence until I found the courage to speak up.

"Was this the last gift?" I pointed up at the sky, eyes sealed.

"No" he responded, voice smooth yet steady . "Tell me what you want and that'll be your last gift.." he paused, "for today".

I could feel his breath on my skin by now and if I took half a step ahead, I'd bump into him.

I wanted to open my eyes and look up at him; but couldn't. It felt like he had a spell casted on me, restricting me from doing anything other than be submissive for him and obey his every order.

"Jimin.." I mumbled.

"Hmm?" he hummed and it almost threw me off the edge.

"Kiss me"