0.16

He was back home. The person who I once respected; my father. Casting his drenched coat away, he rushed into the bathroom to get rid of his wet clothes. Rain shattered against the window glass of the living room as I sat still on the settee.

An hour later, "Dad.." I called out.

"Hey,this is for you" he grinned, handing me a small purse full of money. The notes wet as well.

"Dad, can I ask you something?" I looked up at him.

"Yeah go on" he sat down beside me, drying his hair with the help of a towel.

"Did I have a sister?" my voice, barely a whisper.

"What?"

"You heard me"

He panicked, his eyes widened, hands fell onto his lap and lips quivered when he responded, "who told you about this?".

"Just say yes or no" my hands curled into fists on my lap.

"Hmm. You did" he mumbled lowly nodding at the ground.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I looked up at him, eyes brimming with tears.

"You know now. She's dead anyway so-"

"So what?" I snapped.

Father stood up to leave, my step mother stepped out of the kitchen with a frown plastered on her face.

"You should have told me!"I yelled as he made his way up the stairs.

"Go to bed Yoona" he ordered with a stern voice and I wasn't going to let him do this to me anymore.

"You can't keep this from me anymore dad I need to kno- ah!" I yelped in pain when I felt a tight grip on my hair.

My step mother yanked me back, a harsh slap then landed across my face. I craned my neck and tilted my head backwards a little in order to ease the pain on my scalp but nothing would help.

"Is that how you talk to your father?" She pulled at my hair, "apologise to him!", her voice was loud and clear in my ears.

"I will. I'm sorry" I spoke through gritted teeth and shut my eyes tight until she released the death grip on my hair.