0.48

As the floor cracked open, fire oozed out of the creeks and gaps onto the surface above. Long arms devoid of skin pushed themselves out of the openings, reaching up to grab at something.. anything.

Yoona gasped, stepping backwards only to place her feet on nothing as the ground around them was now gone, leaving only a small pool of land for them to stand on. Loosing her balance, the girl would fall backwards if it wasn't for Jimin's strong arm wrapping around her waist, supporting her instantly.

"Ah!" She gasped, thinking she was gone at this point only to realize that there was something firm around her waist that kept her on her feet.

It took seconds to realize that it was Jimin's arm and when she did, she stood back up straight, regaining her balance. He loosened his arm around her, moving his gaze from the hell underneath to the lady next to him.

"Not sure who's protecting who" he teased making her look away shyly.

"Sorry"

He would have taken his arm off of her, but at this moment, he wasn't sure if he should be doing it or not. He suspected if she'd be able to stand on a few inches of land beneath or not.

Leaving his arm in place, he held her to his side, looking down at the mess below with a smile plastered on his face.

"They know who their God is" Jimin smirked.

"What sin could do to you.." He mused again, all to himself, as if in awe at the sight that stretched before him.

"My lord.." her arms snaked around his waist ever so slowly, almost as a reflex as the dead tried to get a grip at her feet, trying to pull her into them.

She noticed that none of them could place a finger on Jimin. So all the attention was attracted by 'her' alone.

"Ji-" She gasped again. What was she doing? He chose her as his sheild and now he was the one protecting her.

She pulled away before her arms could get a grip of the God beside her.

Wrapping her fingers around the blade that hung loosely from her hip, she drew it out in one go, ready to cut off all those bloody ugly hands which tried to get a grip of her feet.

She swung it once and cut almost six to eight of the arms. Smirking, she turned around, her back now facing Jimin as she swung it for the second time.

"Shushh.." Jimin shook his head, only to reach down and stop the girl from causing more harm.

He groaned at the sight of cut arms floating around as more rose up from the darkness and fire beneath them.

"That's not what you should be doing " he snapped, turning her around to face him.

"They will drag me down" She mumbled, pointing  at the bloody hands that tried to grope her leg.

"They will do you no harm" Jimin smiled and before he could do something, she tossed her blade to her left arm, bending a bit to cut a few more.

"Yoona!" Jimin gripped her hand, stopping her for the second time. But now, he loosened his grip and mumbled a "Watch" as a red globe of glow appeared around his hand where he held hers.

She watched closely, the red light appeared to crawl over her skin and diffuse into her body but she could barely even feel anything. The moment lasted a second, and when he pulled away, all the fire beneath didn't make her sweat anymore. It was as if she couldn't even feel the heat.

This made her eyes widen and when she looked down to check if there was anything going  on.. She noticed the hands that were on her leg, were now instantly burnt to a crisp and those which approached her were forcefully repelled away as if two like poles of a magnet repelling each other.

"Oh my God!" She grinned, amused by the change, Jimin's touch alone had caused.

"Yes?" Jimin eyed her.

"I love this!" She laughed, watching the arms yanked away from her radar, none of them able to lay a finger on her.

"Try saying that after we go in"

"We are going in?" It was a statement that sounded like a question. Jimin nodded quietly and as if on cue, the fire and the fleshy hands were pushed away towards the periphery of the hollow that let the pair sink into the ground.

"Not today " Jimin sighed and the fire disappeared and the ground that had once broken down and collapsed, resurfaced again, letting them stand comfortably.

And in seconds, the room was restored to normal and nobody would belive Yoona if she told them that hell lies right  beneath the clean, polished dark floor that she currently stood on.

---

"Hell!" Yoona sighed, collapsing back into her bed.

Her room was right across Jimin's as he had informed her earlier. She had finally rid herself off the armor and was now only in a silky white frock that fit her well.

She flipped to her side to gaze into the mirror that was placed right beside her cot.

"Powerful.." she whispered to herself, "attractive" she smiled, "tall figure with an elegant walk, king of the dead with eyes full of life, hair a shade of silver that could put the moon to shame..".

She repeated the words her mother had told her several times while describing the Godess's sixth son.

"He goes by the name Jimin..destined to be one of the seven kings to rule the world and beyond.." She grinned.

"Serving him is a privilege only the best of the best are blessed with.." She bit her lip, holding back the grin that threatened to split.

"He is the most generous among the rest and the kindest of all. Call his name once, with a heart full of love and soul full of devotion and he shall appear " she finished.

Rolling onto her back again, she gazed at the ceiling that stretched up high, supported on the four giant walls on all sides.

"Call him once.." She repeated the last few words, "and he shall appear".

He lived only a few steps away from her and she could very much get on her feet and march to his chamber but she didn't do so.

Sitting up straight, she brought her hands together, closing her eyes for a moment, Yoona took   deep breath, in an attempt to test if the myth was a myth or not?

"Park Jimin.." She uttered, instantly grinned at the way his name rolled off her tongue. What was funny? Nothing!

"Park Jimin!" She repeated once more before opening her eyes slowly, to witness,

nothing.

He wasn't there! He didn't appear!

Groaning, she fell back into the cushion below. She was indeed disappointed but the way his name sounded when she called out for him, had her smiling absently at noone, while staring at the intricately decorated roofing above as slumber embraced her oh so carefully.

--

AN-

Is this book boring? 🙈