0.40

After a few minutes of time spent in each other's company, Jimin decided to leave since it was late already.

Now that I was left alone in my room, alone, I pulled out the list I had under my pillow, scratching out the irrelevant possibilities as to what Jimin was.

I cut off, Vampire and werewolf. He couldn't possibly be a dragon, that's just retarded. I was still confused as whether to strike out wizard and warlock or not because the man gave no positive response to either. Ghoul was a thing, but then again, blood is a stimulating factor and he remained unaffected by it so, nah. When asked about being a demon, he said he was worse than that, so that removes the possibility of him being a demon or a grim reaper.

Angel was an option, but Jimin talks about him being worse than creatures that we deem 'bad' . There goes being an angel,  a fairy or a guardian.

I was now left with two other options. Shapeshifter or a wraith, both, not strong enough to tame an angry wolf and absolutely do not possess the ability to heal a wound in no time.

I stared at the paper in my hand, as I was now left with no valid option. Groaning, I tossed it aside, falling back onto the mattress in defeat.

~~

A fews days later~

"Here you go" I smiled, handing a customer his cup of coffee and the old man smiled at me gratefully before taking his seat close by.

I had spent the past few days in Jimin's company, mostly enjoying the way he'd lift objects in the air before accidentally dropping them because I said something and he got distracted, the way he'd smile before leaning down to deliver a peck on my lips,  the way his eyes would search for mine if I ever lost him in a crowd, the way he'd take my mind off the fact that I didn't know what he truly was.

Trying to corner him but failing miserably every single time, I almost gave up on the thought, until one day, we took a walk beside the shrine and he refused to enter the premises, scoffing, rolling his eyes and calling it an 'ugly building'.

Over time,  we had gotten closer, but he wouldn't confess and neither could I. I did like him, but the only thing stopping me from taking a leap was the fact that I needed to know the truth he was trying so hard to hide as if I'd stop liking him if he put it before me.

" You're doing good these days " the owner granny gave me a tap on my back, snapping me out of my thoughts.

" I'm too good, aren't I? "

" I'm not giving you a raise" she laughed making me sulk a bit.

" You're so hard to impress" I shook my head and she let her hand rest on my forearm as she looked straight at me.

"What is it? " I asked, noticing the way her eyebrows furrowed.  I rubbed my nose and cheeks with the back of my hand in case I had coffee powder over it.

"He's been visiting you lately, hasn't he?"  she raised a brow.

"who? "

" Oh, we both know who" her voice got a bit louder and even though I knew she was talking about Jimin, I couldn't bring myself to respond the right way.

He was a regular customer here so I assumed she knew him better than I did.

"Of course I know him better than you do " she answered making me gasp. Did she just read my mind? What the-

" He is usually very patient but he's become too desperate now" she shook her head and I only stood there, bewildered, lost and petrified.

"What do you mean? " I questioned her further, if only she could just get me to the real him.

" The other six are calm and patient but this one- " she laughed, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

Handing her cubes of sugar, I followed her to her table and she didn't complain about it.

Sitting across the old woman, I watched her drink her coffee, white hair neatly combed back and hands shaking a little as she lifted the ceramic cup to her lips.

"What is he? " I asked and a smile formed on her face.

" It's a good thing he hasn't told you"

What? Why? I swallowed, waiting for her to talk as she took a deep breath.

" He's not someone, humans would associate themselves with" she started, taking another sip, "The boy is different and I don't know if he has confessed yet but he's in love with you".

I knew. I very well did. But i thought it was just interest and like. But something as complicated as love- no. I had physically known him only for days, I could count those on my fingers.

" I don't even know him well!" I fought back, "I mean- I'm just, I can't love him back if I don't even know what he is! He's a little too complicated for me and I'm unable to resolve the mystery revolving around him".

"It's always so hard isn't it? Especially when your awareness regarding his kind is limited" she raised her brows.

" I-" I started but had no words to put forth.

"Here" she mumbled before searching for something in her bag; she pulled out a small book.

"This might be of some help" she smiled and I looked down at the book, clad with a black and gold cover, edges of the pages brown and torn showing how old they were, in bold letters, the words '101 Mythical creatures'  were written on the cover.

This book was for old aged people to spend their time on. I sighed looking up at the lady,  "that's not only for us. It's for you too" she said seriously, I gulped before nodding.

"T-thank you"

~~

Any theories? XD