0.50

The next few weeks, I lived in fear. The handsome young God, I adored so much could turn into a monster in less than a second and feast on a living, screaming human like it was his favorite dish, had my mouth go dry every time I thought about it.

"You seem off these days" Jimin commented as we walked to his court, the court of hell.

The room large enough to accommodate as many demons as there could be. The dark creatures occupied the area, leaving the high raised podium empty for their king..and his sheild.

Stepping onto the elevated platform, Jimin sat down on his throne, his dark clothing and eyes in perfect contrast with his milky skin and silver hair. I loosened my grip around the sword tucked in, standing up straight behind him as my eyes scanned the hall.

The dead would be brought into this court of hell by the demons and Jimin being the God of all, would decide which stage of punishment the human deserved, based on all the sins he/she had committed.

This was our daily routine. And just like the humans, Park Jimin took one day off in a week...that day was tomorrow.

"My lord" one of the demons bowed as four others brought in a woman in her forties.

I let my eyes scan her face and as far as her features were concerned, she had dark hair, wrinkled face, tall built and an expression of hope painted on her face.

"Sin: murder of her husband and suicide the next day"

I watched Jimin closely and he raised a brow.

The woman really did not look like someone who could kill her husband. She had dried wounds and bluish pink bruises on her skin and a slit across her neck, which was sealed by clotted blood. I assumed, that is how she must have killed herself, by cutting her own neck.

"Why?" Jimin asked calmly, his eyes fixed on the lady who was kneeling on the ground.

The court remained pin-drop silent, and I sucked in a shallow breath the moment one of the demons whipped the lady's back, "Answer the lord!"He commanded. She only gasped in pain, no sound leaving her lips as we waited a few more seconds, and she finally spoke.

"My husband.." She started and I listened carefully, "he-" She began to cry.

Jimin was a God. An omnipresent, omnipotent and an omniscient entity. Why was he questioning her inspite of knowing everything there was to know? I did not know. All I could do was stand there and wait for her to let it out.

The demon raised his whip and I looked at Jimin, hoping he'd tell that thing to stop hurting her.

The God's eyes shifted from the woman to the demon and with a raise of the his finger, the dark being found himself pushed away from the human, towards the far end of the court.

"Speak.." I tried, and Jimin looked over his shoulder, surprised that I'd spoken something for the first time since he'd shown me hell.

"He always came home drunk. Beat me and my children. H-he stabbed two of my daughters to death, th-they were only little babies" She let the tears flow down her cheeks, "all because he wanted a son and I couldn't give him one".