0.28

A gentle knock on the door had me running towards the front before swinging it open.

"hey!" a red haired girl, probably in her twenties greeted me.

"Hi" I smiled at her bright self.

"Umm, I'm May" she stretched her hand out to me and I immediately took it in mine, "Yoona".

"I'm uh- your girl next door" she giggled, "my mother and I are moving into this house right next to yours"  she pointed at the building. "I just wanted to come talk to you.." she trailed off making me smile wider.

I poked my head out of the door, to take a look at the house next to ours only to find another redhead, slightly older, probably May's mother, carrying their belongings into their new home.

"How about I help you guys get your stuff in? " I offered, motioning towards the lorry load of packed carton boxes in the front.

" Yes please.. " she grinned, reaching out to hold my forearm as a sign of being grateful for a few seconds before she let go.

~~~

An hour and a half and I was already bonding well with May and her mother. Unlike the woman I stayed with, May's mom was cheerful, funny and extremely sweet.

"Dinner at our place today, Yoona? "she casually asked.

Was that an invitation? "umm" I took my time to respond but before I could, May answered for me, "Yes mum!".

Smiling, I shook my head.  It wasn't like my step mother was ever bothered about my whereabouts. She  never truely cared. The only plus about her was that no matter how rude or ignorant she was, she never abused me and I was thankful.

Helping May set her room was not an easy task. She had a lot of things that needed to be sorted out before they were allotted their slots in the room.

"Here.. " I handed out the last of her books before shoving my hand deep into the brown box to check if I missed anything. Feeling around, a small rectangular object caught my attention. I carefully slipped it out before taking a good look at the maroon and gold box which was made of wood.

I did not put much thought into it, before opening it up. Inside lied a set of finely cut wooden flake like cards.  It wasn't paper, it was basically all just wood, edges rounded and smooth, marked with distinguishing motifs.

The first card had an angel painted on it, silver, white and beautiful. Next one was a wizard dressed in a long, dark purple cloak. Before I could take a look at all of those, a voice spoke from behind me, "Oh! Here they are!"

May's mother reached down to grab the cards from my hand and I, who was seated comfortably cross legged on the floor, now stood up.

She looked up at me and an idea flashed in so quick, I spoke without hesitantion, "Do you mind if I borrow 'em for a day?".

"Oh" she looked startled for a second. The lady went through all the cards once before taking a deep breath and handing me the box,  "not at all, honey".

"Thank you"

~~~

I sat down with a pencil, a paper and the deck of cards on my bed. Door was closed and locked while I carefully slipped all of them out and spread them on the sheets to reveal various mythical characters, painted on their surface, intricate details breathtakingly artistic.

'If Jimin wasn't a human,then what exactly was he?'

I was determined to find out, as I picked each card and made a list of all possible things he could be.

- Vampire

- Dragon? " .. Maybe"

- Werewolf

Unicorn? "No! what the hell?"

-Angel

- Fairy

- Wizard

- Warlock

Mermaid? "No"

Troll?  "Tch"

Sphinx? "Nah"

- Ghoul

I swallowed before continuing.

Yeti? " Oh god, please"

-Demon

Dwarf? I giggled to myself as I continued.

- Grim Reaper

- Shapeshifter

- Wraith

Zombie?  "Oh no"

Goblin? "Umm.. Nope".

Going though the rest of the cards was entertaining but unyielding. Stuffing all of them back into the box, I sat up straight, stretching a little, giving myself a pat on the back.

Jimin: What're you doing?

Yoona: Nothing :)

~~~~

What do you think he is?

I'm so sorry this book is so informally written ;-;