0.31

I dressed up well, hair neatly tied up and the right amount of makeup covering my face, making me look bold yet timid, a perfect combination.

I locked the door behind my back, hugging my bag closer to my side as soon as I dropped the keys into it. Smiling to myself, I took careful steps towards the cafe down the main street.

It'd take an hour to get there so I thought public transportation would be a better idea. Stopping at the bus station, I waited for the vehicle to arrive.

It was too early in the morning and there weren't many people out. Tapping my foot, I wondered if I should text Jimin or not. I couldn't let my ego get in the way, I could just send him a message and he'd probably apologize?

Nah. Not after what he did today. But should I?

After contemplating over this for a few minutes, I decided not to send any messages until he showed himself.

I hummed lowly, looking to my right, checking if the bus was anywhere in sight, but instead of the large vehicle, something else caught my attention. It was a person in a white shirt. A white shirt that wasn't so white anymore because of the awful amount of blood that stained it.

Half of his face was covered in the same red liquid. The closer he got the more I could see, which made me want to run. Run for an hour or just turn around and run back home.

The man was now only a few feet away, but far enough to not catch up to me if I ran really fast but also close enough to see me very clearly, just like I could see him;every inch of his body.

He brought his hand up, as if reaching out to me. I swallowed hard before turning to my side, ready to take a sprint.

Just when I did, i didn't even take a single step forward before bumping into a hard chest,making me step back, a gasp escaping my lips.

It was the same old priest. He smiled wide, his hands reaching out towards my face but not touching me. I was scared; no, that'd be an understatement. I was terrified!

Why me? Why would I always get  myself into situations like these without even doing anything stupid? I tried to swallow the thick lump that was stuck in my throat. My mouth went dry as I tried to think. Think of something but all I could so was stand there, having fear drill into my bones making my body go numb and sweaty.

"You.. " the priest cried in a low voice, a tear trickled down his cheek from the corner of his eye and the next thing I knew, he was laughing like a maniac.

I took a step back, and he fell forwards. Looping his hands around my feet he screamed, "don't go! Please!".

I finally found my voice even though the fear was now ten times amplified. "Let me go!"  I tried to step out of his grip but he only tightened his arms, hands gripping both my ankles.

"What're you doing? Sir, please!" my eyes threatened to water but no, I wasn't going to cry..yet.

I held my phone tight in my hand, should I just call Jimin?

That isn't even a question. I should definitely call him!

Unlocking it quickly, I tried to remain as calm as I could. Calm enough to atleast search for him and press the call button.

But before I could perform the task, I heard the loud horn going off, making me jerk, signaling the arrival of the bus.

The priest let go of my feet, but he remained on the ground, kneeling and laughing like a maniac.

The moment his hands left my skin, I dashed towards the bus and boarded it before it came to a halt. Entering inside, I found a few men and women securely seated in their seats, some sound asleep while the others kept themselves busy by reading books or humming songs under their breath making sure not to be a disturbance.

I found myself a seat before plopping down on it, hugging myself, trying my best to bring my heart beat and breath back to normal.

~~~

Ding dong! Thank you for reading this book <3