0.46

"I'm not accepting a woman as my protecter! " Jimin paced back and forth in his chamber, clearly not in terms with what just happened.

"Hyung.." Jungkook tried, "it won't be that bad. She is stronger than most of our sheild's here.You should give her a chance".

"No way!"

Jimin clicked his fingers and two men came running to his feet, "Your highness!" they bowed.

"Give this to the girl" Jimin handed them a bag full of gold coins, "and send her off".

"Yes sir"

That was it. Just like that, Jimin tried to get rid of the one that was chosen for him. But what really happened when his men tried sending Lee Yoona off was something he was unaware of. Being a God, it was surprising how he'd turned a blind eye to what she was and what she could do. But it wouldn't stay that way for long, not after what happened later that day.

A loud knock on Jimin's door had him glare at the entrance to his room. Nobody goes knocking on the door to a God's chamber like that. Especially when he's sleeping! Where were the guards?

Sighing, the man sat up, his silver hair bouncing just a bit, the silk that once covered his body dropping to his lap as be moved his hands to push grey strands back away from his forehead.

"Forgive my intrusion!" a voice, a female voice announced before barging straight into his room.

Jimin's eyes widened, "Yoona!" anger evident.

"Forgive me" She apologized once again before walking up to him, chin held high until she stood only a foot away from her God.

"This can get you killed " Jimin sneered.

" I came prepared " She retorted.

" Do you have any idea who you're talking to?" Jimin furrowed his brows. If it wasn't for the anger on his face and the reddish tint that slowly colored his skin, anyone would have stroked his cheek at what an aesthetic sight he was.

Silk sheets pooled around his waist as he sat with his exposed upper half, strong muscles hiding right beneath his skin, hair so beautifully silver- a perfect contrast to the amount of gold in everything, could make anyone loose themselves.

" I left home with a passion to serve you. I told my parents I'd come back as your defender or not at all" She kneeled down on one of her knees at the foot of Jimin's bed, drawing her sword and holding it out for her God to take, "My sword is yours, my soul is yours and my body is yours. Allow me to serve you".

The way those words rolled off her tongue so smoothly, the way her dark hair hid her face as she bowed down before him had Jimin unknowingly make a place for her in his heart.

Silence filled the room as he stared at the only lady who had the courage to step into his chamber. He noticed how stiff and motionless she stayed before him, begging for acceptance. Her left hand had a tight grip on the blade which made blood ooze out of her fingers, coating the white with red, before dripping on the floor.

The first drop hit the ground and Jimin reached out. The moment the palm of his hand made contact with the crown of her head, her grip around the sword tightened even more.

"Lee Yoona.." He started and somehow, his voice calmed her. Her fingers relaxed before the cut could worsen.

"Lee Yoona.." Jimin called out a bit louder and this time, she knew he was expecting a response.

"Yes, my King"

Being called King just after he was proclaimed the king of the Underworld was so new, yet so pleasing.

"Be my sheild" he stated at once.

There was silence for a second or two. Moments passed and there was pin drop silence. Jimin's hand stayed still on her rough hair while her hands quietly loosened around the blade she was holding out.

Jimin himself was surprised how she had managed to convince him by one, breaking into the square and two, barging into his room.

Before he could ponder further, Yoona rose to her feet at once, tackling him back into the bed, wrapping her arms around his shoulders in the tightest hug he had ever received.

A gasp escaped his lips as he fell back, with her almost on top of him.

"Thank you" her voice signifying pure gratitude, was followed by the tightening of her arms around his neck.

What the hell was this girl even doing?

It took a few seconds for Jimin to process the situation. He was a God! Taking a deep breath, he sat back up straight before peeling her off of him.

It wasn't a difficult task as she quickly stepped away, straightening her hair and wiping a few tears off of her cheeks, only to have the blood from her fingers stick to her face and make things even worse.

Normally, this kind of behavior would definitely anger Park Jimin, but looking at the girl being adorable and small had him push his Wrath back up against the walls and replace the space occupied by it by something...something that wasn't Wrath. Something milder and sweeter.

Fetching a cloth from the table next to his cot, he tossed it at the girl who stood at the foot end.

"Don't do that again" he narrowed his eyes at her, referring to the hug.

"It doesn't hurt " She shrugged, wiping the blood off of her hands, clearly not getting the point.

Jimin shook his head. First of all he was leaving to the Underworld in a day or two and now..with this one on his side, he was up for one hell of a journey!

---