0.35

I could still feel his lips on mine and I was too hesitant to lock hands with Jimin as we walked out of the cafe while everyone else remained frozen in place. Physical contact seemed intimidating.

The silence thickened with every passing second but it wasn't awkward. I tried to get my steps in sync with his and just then, his fingers brushed against mine. I almost pulled away to cross my hands but he was fast enough to wrap his fingers around mine, tightening his grip and rubbing slow circles with his thumb on the back of my hand.

A grin split across my face which was fuelled by the towns people giving us the strange look. Jimin kept a stagnant smile on his face and I tried my best to do the same. Nothing mattered anymore, nothing except me, him and us. The inner me was still in shock. I had finally met him and we were walking, holding hands and it all felt so surreal. The way his hair bounced a little with every step he took, the way his skin glistened in the sunlight and the way his eyes would widen for a mere second before turning into crescents as he smiled; it was all too much for me to handle. I knew I would squeal if I opened by mouth so I decided to go with the silence for as long as we could.

Ten minutes later, we had left the crowd behind and the only thing that surrounded us was nature- trees, trees and more trees. There was only one route to the sea and it was through the premises of the temple.

I smiled when the beautiful stone structure came into view, telling us that our destination was only a few steps away. 

The faster I walked towards the shrine, the slower Jimin got, until he stopped.

"Is anything wrong? " I turned to look at him, realizing that was the first thing to leave my lips since we left.

" No" he was quick to answer, but his eyes kept shifting from me to the building that stood tall and proud behind me.

"Why did you stop? " I nearly chuckled, finding his confused expression adorable.

" Can't we umm-" he paused, "take another route?"

"This is the only way to the beach Jiminie~"

I couldn't quite comprehend his expression. The more I looked at him, the harder it got. Was he scared? Confused? Or just lost in thoughts?

" What's wrong with this route? " I finally decided to ask.

I knew Jimin wasn't a human so I prepared myself to not be surprised by his answer.

He swallowed once before grabbing my hand, pulling me a few steps forward before pointing at the stone pavement.

The path ahead was suddenly alive with the hopping of small brown frogs no bigger than a dollar and I couldn't help but giggle. There were too many of those blocking the way but this was normal. All you had to do was stomp your way through and the frogs would jump away immediately before your feet landed on them.

"Can we please, take the other route? " he pleaded, both his hands coming up to hold mine,giving it a gentle squeeze.

There I was, a melted bowl of butter in his hands. I nodded, " but this is the only- " I pouted.

" Just walk with me princess" he spoke, his arm immediately hooking around my waist to pull me close to his chest.  The change in attitude had me trip but I regained my balance somehow.

~~~

Pls excuse the size of the chapter. I had too much to write. I either had to split it into two chapters or shove it all into one. I chose the former <3