0.30

I stepped into the shower, toes flinching as they touched the chilled ceramic floor. My mind was shut ; I wasn't sure if I was doing this for real or was I still asleep? I turned the dial, old and metallic, releasing thousands of lukewarm drops, darkening my hair and trickled down my back. My eyes fell closed over and over, sleepiness crawling over my body slowly as I tried to wash it all off.

It was too early in the morning, I never usually woke up at this hour but today was special. A granny who owns a coffee shop on the other end of the street, an hour away from home had offered me a job. I hadn't seen her before, she's one of those few who moved into our town recently,and I happened to meet her yesterday.

Mother had no issues with me getting a job as long as I contributed to things that we bought home and of course, look after my own needs and not ask her for a penny.

I took a deep breath, bringing my wet hair forward over my shoulder, before reaching out for the shampoo.

Picking up the bottle, I gave it a squeeze. To my surprise, only a tiny drop of soap landed on the palm of my hand.  Groaning, I pressed harder only for it to exhale air at full force.

I cursed under my breath, dragging my wet self to the door, to go get another bottle that I had thankfully  left in my cupboard.

I turned to reach for the thick brown towel but found the rack empty.

"Why-" I whined, running my hands all over my body, trying to get rid of as many drops of water as possible so that I wouldn't wet my room.

Giving my hair one last squeeze, I turned the door knob, planning to peep once before stepping out. What if someone was already there?

I knew very well I had left the door locked before getting into the shower but a girl must be careful right?

Before I could proceed, the door was gently pushed towards me, a hand holding the new bottle of soap squeezed through the gap to reveal itself, as if casually asking me to take the shampoo and go shower.

I gasped and swallowed hard, it was him!  It was his hand. The hand I could recognize even in deep sleep. The same hand that rested on my stomach as he had wrapped me in a hug. My heart was beating out of my chest as my mouth went dry, leaving nothing to swallow, making the back of my throat hurt.

I closed my eyes for a brief moment, before opening them back up, reaching out to grab his arm and pull him in.

I didn't care if I was naked, wet and afraid. All I wanted was to see him, and I wouldn't loose a single opportunity, while at it.

Pulling the door open with my left hand, I gave him a sudden yank. It all happened in seconds. The bottle fell to the floor with a thud, my hand no longer holding his and the only thing left was pure white smoke blocking my view.

He was gone.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream at his face. I wanted to scold him. But all I did was take a step back, trying my best not to burst out in tears.

Why wouldn't he show himself?

I wiped the corner of my eyes before squatting to grab the bottle that had now hit the floor. Padding my way back to the shower, water hit the top of my head and trickled down my sides for a few seconds. Then, the pipes moaned like a horror movie ghost before spitting out a dribble of cold water. I braced my muscles to stop myself from moving out of the stream before I'd soaped and rinsed.

I shivered as words so profane slipped out of my mouth. ' If not his heart, atleast the water could be warmer'  I thought as I gave my thighs a rub.

The next thing I knew, lukewarm drops washed over my back, soon turning hot. Not too hot, but not exactly warm. It was the perfect temperature to shower in.

"Wow! " I laughed, "Thanks Jimin~".

~~~