0.52

"Hyung.." my voice was barely a whisper.

"Aye Jiminie!" He grinned, reaching out to pinch my cheek, grabbing the attention of two other girls at the large oak table.

Yoona and Lani seemed to gel well together as they had shifted to sit beside one another, letting me and Hoseok sit on the other side.
I watched the girls discuss quietly with wide grin's plastered on their faces and when I said Lani was familiar, I had no idea that it'd be in this way.

Her face resembled Yoona's and since I hated being in doubt, I took the liberty to venture deeper into Yoona's mind and look into her memory.

Visions of Yoona being a little baby, wrapped up in a blanket, securely held by her mother made me smile. The scenes of her plucking flowers at the garden and stealing carrots at a farm close by were adorable. The more I looked into her past, the wider the smile on my face got and i had to sigh when I found out that Lani and Yoona were siblings. Yoona being the younger of the two resembled her sister a lot. No wonder I found Hobi's date familiar.

I turned to look at Hoseok who stuffed a piece of food into his mouth and rose a brow at me.

"They're sisters.." I whispered.

"What?" He paused, his mouth slightly open with all the food stuffed inside as his eyes went wide.

"Yeah" I smiled.

"You read her mind, didn't you?" He narrowed his eyes at me and I nodded with a smirk on my face.

"Oh my God" he grinned, shaking his head and dropping the door back into the plate before grabbing my arm and standing up at once.

"Ladies.." He announced and I looked as startled as the two women at the table.

"We'll be back in a moment" he bowed, "my apologies" and he dragged me straight out of the dining hall, into a hallway close by and away from all the prying ears.

"What happened?" I asked the second he stopped walking in the middle of an empty corridor.

"I need your help" he pouted.

"Hmm?" I encouraged him to continue.

"Lani..isn't just my date" he started and I narrowed my eyes at my brother.

"Its just that she means more to me and we've known each other for a while and I really um- like the way she is, she's a very nice perso-"

"Hyung! Get to the point!" I crossed my arms.

"I'm in love with her. I intend to marry her" he confessed.

"Does she know?" I asked referring to Lani, Yoona's sister.

"Yes! She feels the same for me" he smiled.

That's when I bit my lip. I knew what the issue was and why he needed my help.

"She isn't a royal born" he shook his head, "No divine blood".

I nodded knowingly, unsure of what to say.

"I'm afraid mother will reject her" he frowned. "I want you to talk to mother about this, and convince her somehow".

"You could tell her yourself. I'm sure she'd listen because hyung , you're elder to me and dearer to her!" I shrugged.

"No Jiminie! She loves you more"

"Yeah right" I rolled my eyes, considering I was the one assigned to rule hell of all places.

"The thing is.." My brother started and I listened to him, "I've seen the way you look at Yoona. You like her don't you?"

I swallowed, there was no point hiding. "Yes, but it's wrong"

"No, it's not"

"Hyung.. She's my sheild"

"exactly!" He laughed, "She's meant to stay by your side forever. Imagine marrying another woman and living with her, right before Yoona's eyes..".

I shook my head, "no- it's"

"You've read her mind, Jimin. I know you have..and even though the girl does a great job at hiding her feelings, you know what she feels for you" he pointed out.

"But it's wrong hyung-"

"you've known all along. In fact, it was her attraction towards you that wanted her to be your sheild! As much as she denies it, I can see the glances she steals and the way she reaches for the blades stocked in her thigh strap whenever somebody approaches you" he tried to convince me.

"What're you doing to me hyung?" I mumbled, backing up until my back was against the wall and leaned onto it for support.

"I'm showing you something you're trying so hard not to see" he smirked.

"Jung Hoseok!" I groaned and he chuckled at it.

"Should I ask Yoona about her feelings for me or should I just tell her what I feel?" I pouted.

"Actions speak louder than words" he grinned before kissing the air with loud smooching noises and I couldn't help but cringe.

"I can't kiss her-" I exhaled.

"You want to" he raised a brow, "and I know you well enough to know that you will do it" he smirked.

--

Yoona's pov:

The date was grand and the best part was getting to see my sister after a very, very long time. The way King Hoseok held her by her waist to deliver small pecks on her cheek made me want to curl up by Jimin's side but that wasn't what I was made for.

I was glad I made it through, happy for my sibling. She chose the nicest guy there was. King Hoseok was a blessing and they're so lucky to have each other.

Now that I was all alone in my room, a part of me was in fact content and a part of me felt shallow and left out.

I sat quietly on my bed, all the childhood memories reeling in my head and the fact that Jimin hadn't spoken a single word on our way back was supposed to bother me but surprisingly, it didn't.

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath. Will he come if I call him now? I wanted to try what I had tried earlier and failed miserably.

'Call his name once, with a heart full of love and soul full of devotion and he shall appear'

Love and devotion? Yes, I can do this!

"Ji- ugh no" I straightened up, this time with an extra spoon of confidence, I tried "Park Jimin.."

When I slowly and carefully opened my eyes to absolutely nothing but my empty room, I stared at the wall in front of me for a few seconds before quietly rolling back and curling up into my blankets for some rest.

--

I'm sorry I'm a Lil shit I keep switching povs. And also, it is past till I tell you guys otherwise. We'll return back to the present very very soon, don't worry ❤️ thank you for reading!!