0.60

The moment I got out of the cafe, I ordered the priest to take me to the beach. I had to meet my sister for two things. One, to let her know that I remembered everything now and that I could help her once I got back to the Queen's domain. Two, how do I go back?

The sound of whip slashing against the horse's back cut through the air as we drove to the sea. The town was a small place and I was thankful I lived here. I looked out of the window and the moon slowly disappeared, a phase which would come only a few hours prior sunrise.

The sky wasn't as dark as it was when I reached the waters. I dipped my hand in the liquid as the priest stood beside the chariot and observed my activities. The water was cold and soft against my slightly warm fingers and even though it'd been only a few days since I'd been here, I missed her so much.

"Ashrays..." I called out with a low voice and the ripples appeared in the water where my hand was dipped in, and when I called her "Lani..", the waves which were crashing the shore with full force a second ago, now stopped completely. I stared at the silent beach until a large wave appeared far, far away and a smile formed on my face.

More the wave approached my small form, the bigger it got. "Step back!" The priest shouted as he hurried backwards, and I only smiled at his stupidity. She was my sister after all. If she wanted to hurt me, she'd have done it by now. She had lots of opportunities to engulf me full and drown me away, but she didn't do so.

I waited for the wave to get closer than it was and it stood meters tall when it got only a foot away. I looked up at a wall of water and the priest seemed to shout even more now.

"No stop!" He yelled as I stepped closer. Ignoring him, I took another step forward, as close to it as possible before letting my fingers brush against the film of water coating the seawall.

"Please, don't!" His voice was strained and seemed to be struggling. Annoyed, I looked over my shoulder only to find a bunch of men, dressed in black hoods, insanely familiar, walking over to me.

" Inform the high priest" one of them yelled as the others took quick steps towards me with a chain in their hands.

"Hands behind your back!" Was his command and normally, I would have panicked and would be too in shock to obey any command.. But it was different now. I calmly moved my hands behind my back before facing the water again, which now slowly retreated away. The height of the water wall decreased until everything was upto the sea level.

"Lani.." I mumbled under my breath before I felt the liquid drench my feet and a cold metal wrap around my wrists. Hand cuffed, I turned to face the bunch of people again.

"Move!" one of the hooded men tugged at the chain, pulling my weak body towards him and away from the waters. They were heading towards the shrine again and I couldn't help but gulp at the sick feeling digging into the walls of my heart.

I took short yet quick steps, completely drained out and tired by now. Today had been way too long and I needed a break. Just when I thought I could get away, this had to happen. I thought of Jimin and tears formed in my eyes when I got pushed against one of the tall stone pillars outside the temple.

"Chains!" the command was loud and the next thing i knew, I was tied to the thick pillar. The coldness of the stone dug into my back as the small piece of cloth that was covering my shoulder was now snatched away. All that was left on me was the little white frock made of silk and it did very little to sheild me from the cold and from the men around.

The chain was wrapped around, to keep me secure and tight, wiping out any chance of escape. The thick, rusty metal dug into the skin of my arms and thighs as it held me back whenever I tried to move. The sky got lighter even and the high priest arrived in no time, on hearing the news that the sacrifice had escaped.

"Disgusting! Impure!" He shook his head, trampling across the sandy ground towards me.

The town's people gathered as the hour slipped by. The sun would rise any second now and it wouldn't be night anymore.

The priest who helped me, was brought forth. They put him on his knees and he only stayed that way, quiet and submissive..as if he had no voice at all.

One of the hooded men grabbed a sharp and slender blade before pressing it against the priest's throat.

"Let him go! " I shouted, my voice breaking and blood rushing to my face.

The crowd which was noisy a second ago got quieter. "It was all my fault! I asked him for his help" I spoke, trying to protect the man as much as I could.

The priest looked up at me with confused eyes.  "He pretended to help me. He kept me in town and didn't let me escape" I lied, even though it seemed to be the truth.

"No!" The priest shouted back, "I helped her escape for my own personal reasons, I have nothing to do with the -arh " His voice broke as the blade cut through the vessels in his neck.

A smile split across the High priest's face when blood oozed our of the other 's neck, "guilty as charged" he smirked. His body fell flat on the ground and I struggled against the restraint, wanting to be let loose for once. I wanted to slash every single human present there.

"He did not deserve it!" I shouted in anger, tears pricking my eyes at the sight, "You're all sick! Every single one of you!".

"Hushhh!" The high priest placed a finger on his lips and turned to face the crowd as if I did not matter at all.

"Sacrifices are meant to please the God's" he started, " if they didnt accept her, it only means that she is unworthy. We need the god's to protect us and look after us, do we not?"

"Yes!" The crowd shouted back, making me shudder.

"The only solution is to get rid of what is filthy, unwanted and replacing it with something that the god's would take" he raised his hand and the crowd went quiet as he turned to me.

He looked at me straight  in the eye and ordered with a voice so stern, "Burn the lady!".

--

AN:

Long time~
I hope you guys liked the chapter!