0.57

Two weeks later~

Nervous, was a word unfit to describe what I felt at the moment as we stood with Jimin's six brothers and the girls they had brought along.

The goddess sat on the high throne and her eyes stayed focused on Jin the eldest.

She had given two weeks for her sons to find themselves a wife and most of them had done so. With a subtle nod of the goddess's head, King Kimseokjin, the most attractive of the lot stepped forth with a proud smile on his face.

Jimin who sat beside me had a grin on his face at the sight of his confident hyung. Meanwhile, I fidgetted and played with my fingers, wondering if the yellow- golden colored dress I'd worn would be good enough or not. What if I get rejected?

My eyes wandered to my sister who sat beside Hoseok, her eyes quickly meeting mine, reflecting the same anxiety and fear.

I nodded with a reassuring smile on my face, mouthing an "Its gonna be okay" to make her feel better. She only responded with a nod before reverting her eyes back to Jin and I did the same.

The man stood tall with pride before clearing his throat and gathering the attention of his six younger siblings. "Mother.." He started and we listened, "you gave us two weeks to find the one we'd want to marry and I almost thought I wouldn't be able to find one until yesterday" he grinned wide, "this is Sheina" and a girl stepped forth, wearing a beautiful red gown, adorned with jewelry I'd never be able to afford or even see in my life.

"Daughter of King Sheanji" the goddess said and the woman next to Jin muttered out a "Yes, my queen".

The crowd observed the woman on the throne and the moment she nodded with a smile on her face, we knew she had approved her. Hoseok couldn't control himself and ended up clapping his hands in excitement and Jin only turned to his brother with a wide grin on his face.

"Who's next?" I asked quietly and Jimin placed a hand on mine, "Do you want us to be next?" He raised a brow.

I shook my head, "No, I'm scared Ji-" but it was too late. The boy was already on his feet and had almost reached the center of the hall and I had my heart in my mouth.

"Oh no" I whispered under my breath, swallowing repeatedly to wetten my dry throat.

"Ma!" Jimin called out loud which brought a quick smile on the goddess's face..I was afraid it'd be gone soon.

"I've picked someone you wouldn't really approve of" he paused and I shivered at the directness," but i hope and pray with all my heart that you do".

I stood up and brushed my hands once over my dress to get rid of the wrinkles on it.

"I've fallen deeply in love with my protector, Lee Yoona" he stated and I stepped forward and stood beside him. One of his hands reached out to interwine his fingers with my own, "please accept me" I spoke before the both of us kneeled and bowed our heads.

There was silence for a long moment and the quieter it got, the faster my heart pumped.

"Rise!" She ordered and we obeyed.

"Low born.." His mother started and I swallowed hard, "What makes you think you're worthy of my son?".

I took in a deep breath, all eyes were on me as I spoke, " I'm not worthy" and Jimin's grip on my hand tightened as his head whipped to look at me.

"But, I want to live this life for him. I'm willing to be anything he wants me to be. I-I " I stuttered, "I have no words. You are the all knowing goddess. Im at your will" I looked straight at her and in that moment, I felt as if time stopped. I could feel her gaze pierce my own and venture straight into my brain, looking and probing at all the old memories, some I was well aware of, and a few I had no idea I remembered.

I watched her look into my life, starting from the day I was born, tasting my mother's milk on my tongue, the injury I sustained when I fell onto the soiled ground while playing with my sister, the way my father pressed his lips against my cheek before he patted me to sleep, every shallow and deep cut that my flesh endured while I trained everyday and the way Jimin sucked on my lips, everything, every single memory till the current moment when I stood weak before her.

She looked into everything and when she finally blinked, I felt as if a tremendous amount of energy had been drained away from my body. Jimin must have sensed it as his hand slid around my waist and pulled me against his body and I leaned into him for support.

The hall was pin drop silent and we eagerly waited for the goddess to say something and she finally did.

" Jimin-ah" She started and he straightened up while holding me, "She's the one", the woman smiled and I couldn't help but grin wide.

Jimin chuckled as roars of cheers and claps from his brothers filled the room and his lips quickly found mine for a peck of relief.

"Who's next?" The goddess asked with a grin on her face, "move away before I change my mind" She narrowed her eyes at Jimin.

As we moved away, Hoseok stepped onto the center of the hall and I knew she would accept my sister. I was always the nasty one, and if I got a 'yes' then she'd have no problem getting one.

But the moment the pair stepped onto the middle, the goddess's eyes looked into hers the way they had looked into mine. And I knew that she was reading my sisters mind too and would look into every small detail in her past before Hoseok even said anything.

"Another low born" She scoffed and I tensed at the way my sisters eyes started watering all of a sudden, "take her away" the queen motioned to her Knights without a moment of hesitation.

---