0.61

The fire was lit a few feet away from my shivering form and I watched in panic, trying to lift up my legs and protect myself from the heat but it was all useless. I was going to be burnt to death. I'd never imagined that this is how I'd die, fire destroying my body in layers, until all that would be left of me is ash.

Closing my eyes shut, I bit my lips, trying to hold back my screams, expecting to feel the heat take over, but nothing came. According to every little thing I knew of science, my legs were to burn first and that didn't happen. In fact, my feet felt as cold as ever and when I opened my eyes, they quickly widened on their own accord as I was in for a surprise.

I let out a breath of relief before taking another sharp one in. I felt cut off from the outside world as a thick layer of water wrapped my small form and, putting the fire away in the process. It was too much water. A tall cover, sheilding me away from the fire and everyone else.

"Lani.." I mumbled, a few years escaping my eyes.

I could hear a faint murmur of my name and then a beautiful, familiar face appeared before me, as if it was embossed on the water, eyes as blue as the sea and skin a translucent shady sky.

"Hi" it said.

I grinned wide, leaning ahead, only to have the chains hold me back.

"I missed you" I said, my voice loud enough as I broke down crying.

"I'm sorry" She responded. Her voice as angelic and apologetic as ever.

"Im really sorry" She repeated, "let make up to you. I'll drown them all if you want me to".

"No, Lani.." I blurted out, "please..".

"Let me take you away, atleast " She requested,"I can get these chains off. I could take you to the other end of the sea in no time, Yoona. This is all me. Let me do something for you, please ".

" I know you want to do this, but I can't. I need to go back to him. Let me die- atleast then I'll be able to see him" I spoke at the thought of Jimin.

"That's not how it works" She spoke, "Not everyone ends up in hell, especially not you. Even if you do, you would have lost your human body. You'll only go back with a body that can only feel pain, if you die now. That can't happen" She said.

My brows furrowed, i watched her closely for a few seconds and she added, "I'm not lying. I wronged you once, I wouldn't do it again".

"Whatever happened, happened. It doesn't make me love you any less" I responded sincerely.

"Let me save you" She said, but I shook my head.

"If he needs me, he will come get me" I added confidently.

"What it he doesn't? I thought Hoseok would come get me too. He didn't. I thought he'd let me go back to him after I had suffered and taken in all the punishment. But all he did was push me away and punish me further" She paused as the water spinned around me furiously, making it harder for me to breathe, "he turned me into water".

"I'm sorry" I looked away, trying to take a deep breath but struggling.

"I can't watch you die" She replied and the water moved away a little, letting air in and helping me breathe.

"I know.. " I added.

"Please.." She begged but I sighed, " I don't know, Lani..".

"I can't let this happen to you" She mumbled, " try what you have to, I'm putting away the fire" She said once before the water swirled around me a few times, putting out the fire around and returning back to the sea.

It was only when the water retreated that I could hear people screaming and shouting. "Witch!" One of them cursed.

"It is dark magic!" Said the other.

"Whore! Cut her throat" was the last thing I heard before my head was yanked back by the high priest himself and a thick, sharp knife was placed against my throat.

"For greater good-" he exclaimed before piercing the blade into my skin.

I closed my eyes shut, tons of thoughts bouncing off the walls of my mind but a single one stood at the center, alone and prominent.

"He is the most generous among the rest and the kindest of all. Call his name once, with a heart full of love and soul full of devotion and he shall appear " my mother's words echoed in my head, "call him once and he shall appear".

I smiled fondly, my eyes tearing up at the memory as gasoline was splashed against my body and a fire was lit again at a far end, it approached me at full speed now. The blade at my throat pierced through a layer of skin and a thin coat of muscle below. Pain shot through my body and all I could think of was Jimin and how much I missed him.

"Ji-" the image of him, grinning wide, with his eyes formed into crescents, his silver grey hair bouncing as he'd tilt his head, appeared in my brain. Swallowing the little bit of me I had left, "Jiminie.." I called, a tear escaped my eye, down my cheek and jaw, with a voice - cracked and barely audible.

The next thing i knew, I felt the chains around me loosen and disappear, the pain in my neck- gone. I felt no heat. Opening my eyes, I noticed that every single human was thrown off the grid, far far away from me. They weren't anywhere close to be able to lay a finger on my body. The sky was too bright for my eyes to take. Shifting them to the side a little, I blinked a few times to adjust to the near vision. Silver hair ruffled beside me as I felt two strong arms support my weak form before I collapsed against the pillar.

"Yoona.." a raspy yet godly voice called lovingly, and I knew it was him.

---

AN-

FEW MORE CHAPTERS AND THE BOOK WILL BE FINISHED!❤️