0.25

I woke up to a scream that tore my shell apart.

"Mother please do something! I don't want to die mommy pleasee" the girl begged as she was dragged away.

It was so routine that people weren't affected much anymore. It was just me who would shed tears every single time.

Series of calls, pleas and cries fell from the girl's mouth before she resorted to sobbing quietly. 

~~~

With one arm tightly wrapped around my wrist,  my step mother pulled me up to the front to watch the poor girl being chained to the stone.

"I really don't want to watch thi-"

"Shut up" she glared at me, before shifting her gaze back at the little child.

I bit my lip,  looking away and at my hands. That's when it hit me. Jimin was supposed to wake me up wasn't he? But that seemed so insignificant when compared to what was happening right now.

I looked around once, hoping to find the man here but that only turned out to be meaningless because I didn't even know what he looked like.

Bringing my gaze back to the helpless virgin,  I noticed how the stone beneath her was wet with tears. Her eyes locked with mine for a moment,  making me go weak in the knees and she quickly looked away. 

And so, the ritual was performed for the n'th time,  ending in the closure of temple gates and lock up.

Just before I stepped out of the shrine,  I felt a hand on my shoulder. Turning around my eyes met a pair of natural brown orbs and a wide smile.

"Yoona,  yes?" the man who was clearly ten years older to me asked,  and I forced out a smile,  before nodding. By the look of his outfit,  it was obvious that he was one of the priests.  But what did a priest have to do with me?

"This is for you" he smiled before placing a small pouch full of what I assumed to be silver,  in the palm of my hand.

" I'm sorry,  but I didn't ask for this" I managed to say as politely as I could to which he only shook his head.

"It will bring you good luck" he smiled.

I had no reason to accept it.  A priest offering me silver came out of nowhere.  It made me uncomfortable but-- he was probably trying to help us pay rents? What?

I took in a deep breath,  weighing the possibilities in my head before,  "sorry" I blurted out before placing the small silk bag back into his hands and walked out of the shrine.

What even was that?

Jimin: Do not look back

I stopped walking for a mere second before I resumed again.

Yoona:  okay?

Jimin: Go home straight. Don't get out  until I say so.

>~<

/casually throws this in.