Chapter 4

The sun was coming up and we were still chasing sheep. Lexi and Tristan had fallen asleep hours before and Ethan looked close to joining them.

"Oh god. There's only one left. And it's the rabid one" I said looking at a stray yellow sheep.

"Im sure it's not rabid" Jake said nervously. "Just unfriendly"

"You two can take this one. I'm having a rest" Ethan said as he walked over to Lexi and Tristan.

I laughed and turned to the sheep "Game on" I challenged as I walked towards it.

"I may have only known you for one night but I know for certain that you are not destined to be a princess like the others" Jake laughed.

"And I can tell you that you are way too posh and you use too many long words. But I guess you're right" I laughed.

He laughed "There's a class I just know your going to fail. I think you have it today actually"

"What? Am I going to have to smack away any crazy animals because of so, can get a baseball bat this time" I laughed.

"A baseball bat? Anyway I'm not telling you. You can tell me how you get along with it today." He laughed. "Look the sheep's coming to us"

I turned and saw the sheep stalking towards us. I smiled "Its not that ba... Ahh!!!" The sheep charged and jumped onto my chest. I flew back and it just stood on my chest staring at me. Its head cocked to the side and then it jumped. Its hooves winded me and in defense I pushed my hands out towards it. A shot of something black hit it. It let out a startled yelp and flew back into the pen. Jake shut the gate before running to help me up. "How did you...."

"I dont know" I said and I looked at my hands. Swirling shadows curled around my fingers before disapearing.

"Your ability" He said smiling. "You've found it!"

I frowned at him "My what?"

"Everyone has an ability but people sometimes take years to find it! Of course I found mine ages ago" He clicked his fingers and a small flame appeared in his hand. Amazed I reached out to touch it. He clenched his fist and laughed "Dont touch it! You'll burn yourself!"

Suddenly, a tornado appeared, trapping me in the centre for a second and when it disapeared I was standing in a bright pink dress with a tutu skirt. To top it off I wore silver glittery heels. I groaned and took them off but they appeared back on my feet again "Come on!" I yelled as I stomped my foot. The heel sunk into the soft ground and I stumbled. Jake reached out and grabbed me. I smiled and looked into his dark eyes. He had been changed into a light blue shirt, navy trousers and a royal blue blazer.

"We should get to class" he said quickly pulling away. He ran a hand through his hair and I nodded. I leaned against him as I got used to walking in the 'stilts'. "What do you think would happen if I..." and he took very large steps very quickly. I gripped his blazer sleeve and toppled. I took him with me and we both fell in the dirt. I laughed and he stood up and pulled me up behind him. I saw the others were gone and frowned "I'll see them later" I shrugged and let Jake help me into the school.

****

Turned out we were in the same room for class and he smiled as he tried to brush dirt off his blazer. I tried to do the same but it wouldnt come off. We laughed and walked into class late.

"Mr Jones told me that you too would be late. Troublesome sheep?" The female teacher said with a smile. She had extremely long blonde hair. "My name's Rapunzel. I hate getting called Miss. Makes me feel old. And this is Mr Pan. He likes feeling old apparently" The man standing beside her wore a smirk and had longish red hair.