Chapter 1

I stormed into my room and Caelan followed me. The room was much smaller than my one at school but it was familiar.

I opened my cupboard and pulled out an extra duvet and pillow that I kept at the back and laid it on the floor. "It will have to do until we can get you somewhere proper" I said as I junped on the bed. I patted the bed and Caelan sat beside me. I leaned against his chest and he wrapped his arms around me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me quietly.

"Angry. Sad. Even scared. Caelan, if Jasper finds out where we are he might come after us" I said nervously.

He stroked my hair. "Willow. We're pirates. You're a princess. We have dark magic. Theres 2 of us and 1 of him. We'll be fine"

I smiled. "But what if he does something at the school and we arent there to stop it?"

"Thats why the Captain stayed. He stayed to look after his school" He reassured me. "Nothing will happen"

The door opened and a very confused Mason looked at me. "Saph?" He said sleepily.

"Yes? And dont call me that. Its Willow"

"Ok Willow how are you here?" He asked.

"Magic" I said sarcastically.

"Im going back to bed" he said shrugging.

"Does he not know about magic?" Caelan asked me.

"No. No one here does" I replied and looked up at him. "The question is. What do we do now?"

****

We sat for hours discussing what was going to happen next when I heard the front door open downstairs. "That will be Agatha and Terry" I said to Caelan as I got off the bed. "Lets go say hi. I have a feeling I have an apology to make"

"You always have an apology to make" Caelan laughed.

"Whats that supposed to mean?" I said fake hurt.

He laughed and we left the room and went downstairs. We walked into the living room and saw Agatha, Terry and a short man with grey hair and thick-rimmed glasses. "Mr Thornton" I said as I sat down on the couch. Caelan slouched down beside me and I smiled as I crossed my legs.

"Sap- I mean Willow. Nice to see you back. And this is?" He asked. His voice was scratchy as if he had a really sore throat.

"Caelan. Why are you here?" I asked leaning forward. Mr Thornton was the local high schools headmaster. He wasn't great but he was better than Miss Darling.

"I'm here to discuss with your parents when you will be joining us again" he answered smiling.

"They're not my parents" I said calmly. "And as soon as possible. I need some sort of routine to take my mind off of things"

"Good because Mrs Peters was suggesting that you come back tomorrow" He said almost nervously. "She also suggested that you see someone within the school about Saph"

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"When you were gone you seem to have acquired a voice in your head which you have named Saph. The people in the town are afraid that 'Saph' is the devil." His voice shook.

"What! The devil!" I burst out laughing and Caelan smiled. "She's annoying. Yes. But the devil? Not quite"

He gave a weak smile. "Just go speak to her. She's a lovely woman"

"Fine. But I'm telling you. There's nothing wrong with me" I stood up and dragged Caelan out the front door.

"Who was that?" Caelan asked, unfazed by me pulling him.

"The headmaster of the school" I said finally stopping once we were at the end of the street where there was a small park with a swing and a slide. I sat on the swing and Caelan stared at it.

"Have you never seen a swing or something?" I asked as I swung slowly.

"Funnily enough we don't have them in Neverland" he laughed.

"Just sit on it and swing. Come on we used to make them out of vines when we were little!" I laughed.

"But you always fell off" he added before laughing.

"And? That was years ago now sit and swing" I said pointing at the seat. He did as he was told and I watched as the sun began to set. "It's been a long day" I said as it disappeared behind a hill. The town was dark and I smiled. "Can't wait until tomorrow"

"Why?" Caelan asked me.

"Because I get to see you in my world. I can't wait to see you in the uniform!" I said excitedly. I started to giggle and my swings got bigger.

"Why? I wore a uniform at the other school" he asked puzzled.

"Because this one's a bit different" I smiled and felt my grip loosen. I screamed as I fell back and tried to regain my balance. The swing twisted and I gripped the chains as I slipped out of the seat. I swung my legs before letting go. I stumbled as I fell but stayed standing.

"Not the most graceful landing but it was successful" Caelan laughed. I turned and giggled.

"We need to get back if we want to be up in the morning on time" I said as Caelan jumped off. He landed and fell forward into me. I fell back and tripped over my own feet and we fell onto the grass.

We laughed as we rolled in the grass. We stopped and I was on top of him. I pushed myself up and stared down at him. I pushed his long hair out of his eyes and smiled. He smiled back at me and I realised that my hand was rested on his face. I didn't move it.

He laughed and rolled over so I was lying on the grass and he was above me. He leaned down so I could feel his breath on my face and then kept coming. His lips touched mine and I felt sparks shoot through my body. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my hands went to his hair.

When he pulled away I whimpered. "We're going to be late" he whispered.

I groaned "Why can't we just stay here?"

"It was you that said we had to go back in the first place"

"Fine" I said as I rolled away and stood up. I pulled down my dress and pulled back my hair. "This is going to be fun"