Chapter 25

I woke up early. Actually I never slept much at all. Everyone else were asleep as I paced my cell.

Every now and again I would tug on my chain but it still wouldnt move. I dropped onto the ground dramatically and groaned. "Morning" Jake said sleepily from beside me. He peered in and saw me sprawled out on the floor. "What happened?"

"I'm bored" I moaned. "And my wrist hurts. It's too tight" I waved my hand in the air and the chain rattled.

Jake rolled his eyes. "I guess things could be worse"

The door swung open and he groaned. "And they are"

"Morning!" Jasper shouted. Saph bolted upright and let out a small scream whilst Ethan groaned sleepily. Caelan opened one eye before closing them again. "Where is my beautiful wife?" He grinned.

"Really Jasper?" I said looking out from inbetween the bars.

"What?" He walked over and crounched down in front of me. He reached up to touch my cheek but I moved back. He sighed. "Mum wants to know where you went"

"You should tell her then" I said. "I wonder what she'd say?"

"No. She won't find out. No one will. I told them that you went back to the other world for a while. To see your parents" Jasper said sitting back on the floor.

"Not my parents and what are you going to do after the baby's born? Lock me up again? People are going to ask questions" I said folding my arms.

"I won't lock you up" Jasper said smiling.

"Then I'll run" I shrugged my shoulders. "And I'll take your heir with me"

"Will you now? Because I know for a fact that under no circumstances will you be alone with our child. Ever" Jasper smirked "And I also know that there is no way you'll leave the baby here and run"

I felt my lip quiver as I realised he had me beat. I moved to the back of the cell and curled up. "Really Jasper? That's a bit extreme. Even for you" Jake said.

Jasper ignored him. "I'm running out of space down here. I think I need to clear it out" he stood up and stalked along the cages. He stopped at Saph's. "I have a job for you" he said and unlocked her cage. He opened the door and stepped inside. She scrambled back and he laughed as he went after her. He grabbed her arm and yanked her up. "You have to make sure nobody finds out about anything in here. Jake. Willow. Your job is to convince people in the town that nothing is wrong"

Still she fought. She clawed and kicked but it didn't affect him. "What makes you think I'll do that?" She said slightly out of breath.

"There's a reason I never sent Ethan home with Lexi" he smirked and she stopped fighting. She looked over at Ethan who was standing completely still.

"Stop!" I screamed. "Jasper stop! What do you want? I'll do what ever you want! I'll tell whatever lie you want me to tell! Just please don't hurt them!" I screamed. I crawled forward and gripped the bars.

"As much as I love you Willow. I dont trust you enough to let you out right now" Jasper said and left with Saph.

"Jasper!" I screamed after him. I reached through the bars and when the door slammed shut my arm went limp and I stared at the ground.

"Will he hurt her?" Ethan said nervously. He hadn't moved. "Willow. Will he hurt her?"

I opened my mouth but I didnt know what to say. Would he? Maybe? She was stubborn so there was a chance. But I don't think he would risk it. "Willow!" Ethan was beginning to get angry. I had seen it before with him. When he gets afraid he gets angry. "Willow! Answer me!" He shouted.

I couldn't breathe. It was like there wasnt enough air. I started to cry as I struggled for breath. "Willow!" Ethan shouted again. "Answer me! Will she be okay?" I clenched my fists as I sobbed and gasped.

"Willow!" Ethan shouted. He was furious now. Pacing the cell gripping his head.

"Stop!" Caelan shouted "Stop shouting at her!" He spun around and reached through the bars to me. I was sitting too far away from him and he couldn't reach me.

"No! Not until she tells me if Saph will be okay!" Ethan shouted. I curled up and covered my head. I shook with sobs and gasped.

"Willow breathe" Caelan said trying to calm me. "Just breathe"

But I couldn't. I couldn't calm myself down. It was getting worse and worse. None of them would be here if it wasn't for me. Saph wouldn't have got taken away. Felix wouldn't be dead.

The guilt of everything was crushing. I felt as if my world was falling apart and there was nothing I could do but watch. I felt so alone and vulnerable. "Will she be okay!" Ethan shouted again. Caelan was screaming at him to leave me alone but everything was shut out.

"I don't know!" I screamed and everything fell quiet. "I don't know. I don't know" I muttered as I curled up again.

Strong arms wrapped around me and pulled me in. They were warm and inviting. I gripped onto them like they would disapear if I let go. "Shh" Jake said as he rubbed my arms. "It's okay". The only thing separating us was the bars of the cells and they were pressed up against my back hard.

"I'm sorry" I repeated over and over again. Ethan sat down and I could here him crying from where I sat. Caelan was breathing heavily as he calmed himself. I stopped sobbing and lay back against the bars, still holding Jake's arms.

My head began to feel heavy and I shook myself awake. "Sleep. You need it" Jake said quietly and I did exactly that.