Chapter 19

I took a deep breath as Jasper shut the door. He looked at the floor before looking up at me. "I need to ask you something. Actually. I need to tell you something"

"I don't like this already" I rolled my eyes and sat down on the bed. It was an extremely elegant guest room that I'm guessing would be for neighbouring royals.

He chuckled. "I doubt you'll like what I'm about to say then"

I bit my lip. "Can you just get it over with. I need to talk to someone. Desperately"

"Fine" Jasper took a deep breath as if he was preparing himself. I frowned. Why would he do that? "Willow. You are now my wife and tomorrow you will be named queen of this land"

"Yes. Yes. I know. Cut the crap and just tell me" I blurted. He was dodging the subject and it was making me nervous.

He sighed. "This land needs an heir. Willow I need a son"

My eyes widened "No" I said and stood up.

"What do you mean no?" Jasper said surprsied.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Are you really surprised? No Jasper I just turned 18 and I should be worrying about my studies and what job I want. I shouldn't be married yet never mind have a child!"

"Stop over-reacting Willow. Your old enough now to have a family so don't start with that" Jasper said folding his arms.

"No" I repeated. "I'm not over-reacting. Not at all!" I took a deep breath. "You said a son. Why?"

"Because this kingdom needs a king when I pass. If you have a girl then we'll try again until we have a son" Jasper was talking like he was explaining the weather, not my life.

"No. It's still no and it will always be no! I need to go" I said pushing past him. He called after me as I ran out of the room and down the stairs. I ran into the room that held the guests and took a deep breath. I put a smile on my face and stepped out. A boy with gorgeous green eyes stepped up to me and I smiled at him. "Hey Jordan" I said quietly. "Where's Tristan?"

"I'm not sure. Is it anything I can help with?" Jordan asked. He was so perfect for Tristan. He was lucky to have someone like him.

"I just need a friend right now Jordan" I looked up at him and felt my lip quiver. My eyes filled up and I quickly wiped them.  I would not cry in front of all these people. In fact I would not cry at all. No one deserves my tears.

But still they threatened to fall. I looked down and felt a hand on my back, ushering me through the crowds. I looked up and saw that Jordan had taken me to a quiet corner of the room and handed me a glass of champagne. I looked at it and he shrugged. "You're 18 now, right?" I smiled at him and took a sip. I handed him the glass back and shook my head. He laughed. "Not a fan myself either" he said and put the glass on a table. "Wait here. I'll find someone" I nodded and he ran into the crowds.

I looked around nervously and heard a cough. I looked up and saw my father standing in front of me. His hair was messy and I giggled and reached to fix it. "Just like your mother" he laughed.

I stopped. "You never told me about her" I said as I dropped my hands.

"She was a beautiful woman. Long dark curls framed her porcelain skin. You have her eyes. Princess eyes, she called them. I just called them beautiful. She lived in a small town and I tried to steal from her house. She was the only person to ever take me down. Stole my cutlass and held it to my throat until I gave her back her possessions. Strange lass she was though. She took me for a drink afterwards. By the end of the night we were sailing towards the moon with the cheerful singing of the crew. She didn't belong in my world however. An old enemy came forward and took her from me" his voice trailed off and I put a hand on his cheek. "Her name was Alexandria" he said softly. "You were only a few weeks old and I had no idea how to look after a child. Smee's wife left him with a child and the two of us somehow managed to keep you both alive. When Smee died I really felt it. And then Pan took you and I didnt think I'd make it but I did. For you"

I smiled. "Thank you" I said to him.

His head cocked to the side. I guess I got that from him then. "What's wrong lass? You look scared"

I nodded. "I dont know what to do Dad. I don't want any of this. I want to go home"

"You need this more than me" He chuckled and handed me a flask and I took a sip of the rum it held. I let out a deep breath and handed it back. "Try to enjoy yourself lass" he said before turning and leaving me alone once more.

I heard shouts and then a red head jumped out infront of me. People shot her glares but she ignored them. "What happened!" Saph shouted and jumped at me. "This isn't about Caelan is it?" She said almost sadly.

Geez, this girl knew me too well.

I shook my head. "Where is that overgrown ape!" She shouted again and spun back to the crowd. She went to go looking for 'that overgrown ape' but I held her back as Tristan, Jordan and Ethan pushed through.

"Whats going on?" Tristan asked as he stepped forward. He pulled me into a hug and I frowned at him. Me and Tristan were never great friends. Friends yes. That was it. He certainly never hugged me. Or tried to interact with me at all.

I looked at Jordan. "What have you done to him? I'm not complaining by the way" I chuckled and Tristan stepped back.

"Why do you say that?" He asked.

"Well because one of the last times we spoke you shoved me and said I ruin everything" I smiled and he frowned.

"Sorry about that" he said nervously.

"It's ok Trissy. I got bigger things to deal with now" I sighed. "Jasper expects a child. Soon by the sounds of it" I said.

"You were right. That's a big problem" Jordan said staring.

"Not just a child but a son" I looked at them. "If I have a child I'll have to stay here forever. I'll never get away" I looked down. "I guess it doesnt matter anymore though. I have nowhere to go anyway"

"You have us" Ethan said. "You can always come with us when you get away"

"If. If I get away" I corrected him.

"No Willow. When" he smiled at me and I felt a small spark of hope ignite once more.