Chapter 5

As the lesson continued I sat with Jake and we got to know eachother better. He told me what it was like to live with a famous disney princess - apparently she was just like all other mums but his father was incredibly protective. He also told me about the school - some of the fairytale characters come back to teach while others continue their lives.

"Are your parents here?" I asked him.

"No but my mother says she would love to work in the library here" he said smiling.

"Was it just you 3? Or do you have brothers and sisters?" I asked him.

He sighed and looked behind him. "2 sisters and a brother. They have all found their abilities too. Its really uncommon though as all our powers are connected" I cocked my head to the side. It was a habit that I did when I was confused. "I have fire. My brother Jasper has water, Izzy has Earth or Nature or whatever you call it" I laughed "And Carrie has air"

I smiled "The 4 elements"

He nodded "Some people have their opposites. Mine is my brother. Yours will probably be someone with the ability of light. Do you want to meet Jasper? He's right over there"

I nodded "But I warn you he's a bit of an arse" he said smirking. I laughed and he stood up. "My lady..." he said holding out his hand. I took it and linked our arms. He lead me towards a group of people surrounding a tall, tanned, blonde guy. "Jasper! Someone wants to meet you!" Jake yelled into the group.

"Little bro! Is it your damsel in distress? Is it the one who called us 'big headed, arrogant, no-good princes'?" Jasper said standing up. He made his way through the crowd and saw his face. I sighed. It was the boy who caught the bird in Miss White's class.

"The exact one" Jake said smiling proudly.

Jasper looked at me and sighed "I remember you. You hit that poor bird with your book"

"That thing was insane" I muttered. I looked up and realised that Jasper was the exact opposite of Jake. He had blonde hair instead of a dark brown. He had blue eyes instead of Jake's brown ones. Jake saw me looking and smiled before leaning down to whisper in my ear "I took after our mother and he took after our father" I nodded and he smiled.

Jasper took a deep breath. "Anyway. The past is in the past. Right? Im Jasper" he said holding out his hand.

I stared at it and then it dawned on me he wanted to shake my hand. I quickly corrected myself and smiled "Sapphire"

Jasper laughed and looked at Jake "Father wanted you to marry a princess. Im afraid she is not a princess"

"Should I be offended?" I asked.

He frowned and I looked over at Jake who seemed embarrassed by his brothers comment. "Told you he was an arse" he said quickly before leading me away. I glared at Jasper before turning away. "Sorry" he said quietly. "He's always like this"

I smiled "Its okay. Really. Anyway I dont know if I want to be a princess anyway" As I said this I wondered why Jaspers comment made me angry. I frowned.

"What is it?" Jake asked.

"Its just.. I'm just thinking" I replied before smiling again.

Jake smiled again but this time it was almost evily. "What!" I said laughing.

"I think its time you met my sisters" He said smiling.

My eyebrow raised "Really. Are they like your brother?"

He smiled "A little bit but you'll get along. I hope anyway" he took my arm and lead me towards a small group of 4.

One girl looked up and practically squealed. "Jake! Where's your princess? I saw you go up and she seemed to be a little bit stuck" she giggled.

The other girl saw me "For God's sake Izzy. She's right there" She stood up and walked over. She stared at Jake for a second before giving him a playful slap. She smiled and walked over to me. She smiled "Im Carrie, Jake's big sister. That's Izzy, she's the youngest and because you're here Im guessing you've met Jasper. He's the oldest you see. I love him and all but he can be a pain can't he" she smiled "What are we doing this time?" She asked Jake and he smiled.

****

I stood in the middle of Jasper's room. "What bed's his?" Carrie asked as she walked in behind me. I looked around and sighed. The boys rooms were much nicer than the girls. They were painted a baby blue and everything else was the same royal blue as the blazer.

"That one" Jake said pointing to the bed behind the door. Carrie and Izzy smiled at eachother before walking over to the bed. Carrie lifted her hands and I watched as the sheets started flying up in the air. Then I remembered Carrie's power. Air. Izzy went over to the wall behing the head board and placed her hand on it. She closed her eyes and I watched as ths wall started to turn green. I reached out and touched it. "Moss" I said smiling. I started to get really excited just like when I pulled pranks back home. Jake looked at me before whispering in my ear "Might want to calm down a bit"

I frowned and looked down and saw that shadows were coiling around my hand, they wrapped around one leg and were starting to cover the floor. I gasped and concentrated. I closed my eyes and when I opened them the shadows were gone. "Sorry" I said quietly.

Jake put a hand on my shoulder "You'll get used to it. I nearly burned down my room when I first found my ability."

"Done" Izzy said. Both Carrie and Izzy looked like Jasper but Izzy had Jakes dark eyes. I smiled and looked at Jaspers corner of the room. The wall was covered in moss and ivy and his bed had climbers wrapped around the headboard. Everything had been blown around the room. I smiled.

"I'm thinking I should get detention tonight?" Jake said smiling.

"Why?" I asked wondering why he would want to go after the sheep incident the night before.

"Because I share a room with Jasper and I think it would be best if I wasn't here to see his reaction" we laughed and left the room.